- South Korea has begun payment of emergency disaster relief funds to all households
- The money totals 14.3 trillion won (US$11.65 billion)
- This is to cope with the economic impact of the coronavirus outbreak
- PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed
South Korea on Monday, May 4, said it has begun payment of emergency disaster relief funds to all households.
The money according to the government totals 14.3 trillion won (US$11.65 billion).
The government said this will enable all households cope with the economic impact of the coronavirus outbreak.
Specifically, the government plans to provide one million won each to households with four or more members, 800,000 won to three-person households, 600,000 won to two-person households and 400,000 won to single-person households.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had reported that the founder of Chris Emejuru Foundation and a United States of America based Nigerian, Chris Emejuru, has called on government at all levels to employ new strategy, especially technology in sharing of palliative measures to the real vulnerable Nigerians across the country.
Emejuru lamented the fact that some of the palliatives so far shared did not get to those who deserve it, hence the need to change the approach.
Speaking to journalists via a teleconference interview on Sunday, May 3, Emejuru stated that the right approach and logistics in achieving the purpose of reaching the poor were still lacking.
“For example, funds have been created to provide palliatives for Nigerian citizens but logistics is the challenge. How do you get these food items to the most vulnerable? This requires a strategy and technological approach that is not currently present within the system.
“There is cash transfers that have been implemented but how does that deal with the overall issue of poverty? The lockdown is helping in stopping the spread of COVID-19, but then how do you deal with the issue of hunger, lack of money, leading to kidnapping, armed robbery and other security issues.
“There have been some approaches through the deployment of resources, but the overall strategy at the government level is lacking.”
Reacting to what he described as conspiracy theories concerning the coronavirus, Wuhan China and Bill Gates, Emejuru urged Nigerians to disregard some of the speculations.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better
Coronavirus: 2000 Lagosians get free food items from Biodun & Ibikunle Foundation| Legit TV