Coronavirus: FG tells medical facilities to stop rejecting emergency patients

Coronavirus: FG tells medical facilities to stop rejecting emergency patients

- FG said it has deployed 20 members of Rapid Response Team, 41 NCDC and 17 WHO staff to help Kano fight Covid-19

- Osagie Ehanire, minister of health, who made this known, said FG has also begun an investigation into the unexplained deaths in Kano

- The minister, however, warned medical workers across the country to stop rejecting patients who are emergency cases

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed

The federal government has told the medical facilities in the country to stop rejecting patients, especially emergency cases.

Osagie Ehanire, Minister of Health, said this on Monday, May 4, in Abuja during the presidential task force briefing on Covid-19 in the country.

Ehanire, however, noted that it is unethical not to attend to persons in distress, adding that any infected health worker puts a strain on the system, NAN reports.

113 doctors test positive for coronavirus, FG blames hospitals

The minister said the ministry was strengthening its support for Kano state Ministry of Health with service delivery and training in consultation with the state governor.

Coronavirus: FG tells medical facilities to stop rejecting patients

The federal government has told the medical facilities in the country to stop rejecting patients, especially emergency cases.
Source: UGC

“The setbacks reported in routine hospital service delivery in Kano state are being addressed by line experts from the ministry, whether from the National Primary Health Care Development Agency, or the Department of Family Health," the minister noted.

"A Federal Ministry of Health (FMoH) pathologist is also participating in the investigation of the unexplained deaths in Kano.

“The team shall be reinforced according to needs expressed by the state government to strengthen its healthcare structure.

He said the ministry had also mobilised additional 20 Rapid Response Teams (RRT) across Kano state to reach people who need to be tested for the virus.

“41 Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) staff and 17 World Health Organisation (WHO) staff are deployed at the moment to support the Kano response.

FG announces Covid-19 result of 15 Chinese medical experts brought to fight coronavirus

“With support of partners, 2 facilities are funded per Kano LGA; and will be setting up one sample collection centre per LGA,” Ehanire further explained.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng reported earlier that no fewer than 113 doctors have contracted the deadly coronavirus disease across Nigeria, the federal government confirmed on Thursday, April 30.

The confirmation was made by the country's health minister, Dr Osagie Ehanire, during a press briefing of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19.

The minister confirmed the number while denying fake reports which claimed about 300 doctors had contracted the disease.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We keep evolving to serve our readers better.

Coronavirus: 20% of people who came here tested positive - MoH | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel