Coronavirus: Taraba rejects 100 Almajiris from Nasarawa

Coronavirus: Taraba rejects 100 Almajiris from Nasarawa

- Taraba government has rejected 100 Almairis from Nasarawa state

- Innocent Vakai, the chairman of the Taraba COVID-19 technical committee, disclosed this on Monday, May 4

- Vakai said that proper documentation must be made for the Almajiris to be accepted in Taraba

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

The Taraba state government has rejected 100 students, Almajiris, of Islamic studies repatriated from Nasarawa state due to the flouting of the procedure as agreed by the Northern Governors Forum (NGF).

Daily Nigerian reports that the chairman of the Taraba COVID-19 technical committee, Innocent Vakai, made this disclosure on Monday, May 4, while briefing newsmen in Jalingo.

Legit.ng gathered that the northern governors’ forum resolved that repatriated Almajiris must undergo tests to determine their COVID-19 status.

The NGF also noted that the repatriated Almajiris must be accompanied by officials from their state of repatriation and the results of their tests be presented to their state of origin.

Coronavirus: Buhari's aide reacts as Kano records 92 new cases

Vakai, who is also the commissioner for health in the state, added that proper documentation must be made for the Almajiris to be accepted in Taraba.

Coronavirus: Taraba rejects 100 Almajiris from Nasarawa

Governor Darius Ishaku of Taraba state
Source: Twitter

He said that the state had not started the repatriation of its own Almajiris to their states of origin.

He said the state government was in collaboration with the northern governors’ forum to procure mobile testing kits, adding that such would enhance the capacity to conduct tests on many people in the state.

Vakai announced that Talatu Idris, the COVID-19 positive patient, who had earlier escaped from the state isolation centre had been returned to the centre by the committee.

The commissioner, who did not disclose how the woman was found, said that no suspect was being quarantined at the moment.

He explained that the 122 quarantined suspects in the state had earlier been discharged after the 14 days incubation period, warning that the lockdown measure in the state remained.

Coronavirus: Northern elders commend Buhari for wading into Kano’s alarming situation

The commissioner called on the public to be vigilant and report any suspicious case of COVID-19 to the committee.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that a presidential technical team deployed to Kano to ascertain the cause of recent mass deaths recorded in the state has disclosed that coronavirus is responsible for the deaths.

It was reported that the leader of the team, Nasiru Sani Gwarzo, disclosed in an interview with journalists in Kano on Sunday, May 3, that the preliminary reports and tests carried out indicated that most of the deaths in Kano were caused by COVID-19.

He made the disclosure during the official presentation and handing over of the mobile testing laboratory donated by Aliko Dangote Foundation to the state government.

Gwarzo noted that after the verbal autopsy and test carried out, it had been established that COVID-19 is the cause of most of the deaths. He said the final report would be ready in the next one week or few days.

Coronavirus: Cross River announces plan to quarantine visiting NCDC team

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better

Coronavirus: Ease of lockdown is best for us - Nigerians | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng News

Online view pixel