- A former speaker of the House of Representatives, Ghali Na’abba, has dismissed a rumour which claimed that he died in Kano state
- Na’abba who was the speaker of the House from 1999-2003, said he is saddened by the rumour about his death
- The former speaker expressed sadness over the challenge Nigerians are facing over the COVID-19 pandemic
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed
A former speaker of the House of Representatives, Ghali Na’abba, has dismissed a rumour which claimed that he died in Kano state.
Na’abba who was the speaker of the House from 1999-2003, in a video uploaded on Twitter, said he is saddened by the rumour about his death.
The former speaker stated that he is still alive, hale and hearty. He disclosed that he is currently in London but unable to return to Nigeria because of the flight restriction imposed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
He expressed sadness over the challenge Nigerians are facing over the pandemic. Na’abba also condoled with those in Kano who had died in unexplained circumstances.
Legit.ng had earlier reported that the national president of the Arewa Youth Consultative Forum (AYCF), Yerima Shettima, dismissed the rumour about Na'Abba's death. Shettima said the former speaker was fine, adding that he spoke with him.
Meanwhile, the federal government has said the unexplained deaths of hundreds of people in Kano state was not out of the ordinary.
The minister of health, Osagie Ehanire, said the authorities had disclosed that the unexplained deaths of hundreds of people in the state were not out of the ordinary.
Ehanire made the disclosure at the briefing of the presidential task force on COVID-19 in Abuja Tuesday, April 28, Daily Trust.
The minister said the federal government would deploy a fact-finding committee to Kano state to ascertain the true extent of the effect of the COVID-19 in the state. He said the government would put measures in place to improve the state’s efforts in fighting the spread of the disease.
In another report, the federal government has urged employers to first obtaining clearance before attempting to sack workers because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Chris Ngige, minister of labour and employment, who made the statement on Thursday, April 30, stated that the government is seeking to create more jobs during the pandemic.
The minister said the federal government is in talks with employers of labour concerning job protection.
He urged employers attempting to retrench workers to engage in dialogue with the affected workers.
Meanwhile, the All Progressives Congress (APC) has sent warm felicitations to Nigerian workers on the 2020 commemoration of the International Workers’ Day.
This year's International Workers’ Day, also known as May Day, comes at a time the world is combating the deadly coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic that has kept economies across the world locked down.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We keep evolving to serve our readers better.
One million boys: Husband, wife turn vigilante in Obawole | Legit TV