- Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo state has declared a nursing mother, Amaka Okoro, wanted
- Okoro escaped after she tested positive of coronavirus pandemic
- Obaseki also extended the dusk-to-dawn curfew from 8 pm to 6 am for the next 14 days
As the coronavirus pandemic cases increase in Edo state, Governor Godwin Obaseki, has disclosed that nursing mother identified as Amaka Okoro had escaped after she tested positive to COVID-19.
Legit.ng reports that the governor made this known on Thursday, April 30, on his Twitter handle, @GovernorObaseki.
He said Okoro who is a nursing mother and lived at No 2 Atoe Idubor street, off 2nd Ugbor, Benin City, has tested positive for coronavirus.
The governor, who urged the public with any useful information to contact relevant health and security agencies, noted that she posed a risk to herself, baby, and the public.
Obaseki tweeted: “One Mrs Amaka Okoro, who tested positive for #COVID-19, is wanted for treatment. She is a nursing mother, who has a baby that is already coughing. She lives at No 2 Atoe Idubor Str, off 2nd Ugbor, Benin City.
“She has been unreachable since her results returned positive. Anyone with useful information on her whereabouts should please the relevant health and security agencies.”
Obaseki has also extended the dusk-to-dawn curfew from 8 pm to 6 am for the next 14 days.
The governor had on April 19, announced 10-day dusk to dawn curfew to contain the spread of COVID-19.
He made this known during a media briefing in Benin to update the state on the progress made so far to contain the spread of COVID-19 in the state.
Obaseki said: “Since my last public update about 10 days ago, I am here to inform you that we have made tremendous progress in the area of, screening, testing, and improved awareness of our citizens about the virus.
“Working closely with public and private hospitals, we have screened about 20,000 people and tested 297 citizens. This increased screening and testing is the reason for the increased number of cases in the state.
“We are aggressively pushing to screen our minimum target of about 500,000 people and test about one per cent of them which is about 5,000 in the next few weeks. As we increase testing, we are likely to see an astronomic rise in the number of cases in the state.
“Of 20,000 people we have screened and the 297 samples taken, we have recorded 37 confirmed cases as at today, discharged eight and lost three people."
PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) on Thursday, April 30, said it was “struggling” for bed spaces for the treatment of COVID-19 patients in Lagos state.
The state has the highest number of persons infected by a coronavirus in Nigeria. TheCable reports that there are 947 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Lagos alone and 187 of the patients were discharged after recovering from the disease.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We keep evolving to serve you better
Coronavirus: How I go sidon for house when I no get husband? - Market woman | - on Legit TV