Fayemi gives appointment to man for reporting son who sneaked into Ekiti from Lagos
- Governor Fayemi has appointed Femi Adeoye, father of the man who sneaked into Ekiti, as an ambassador
- A viral video had earlier shown the moment Adeoye stopped his son from entering his house after he travelled from Lagos to Ekiti despite the lockdown
- The Ekiti governor described him as a principled man
Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti has given an appointment to Femi Adeoye, the man who refused to allow his son who just arrived from Lagos, gain access into his house without confirming his Covid-19 status.
The governor disclosed this in a tweet he released on Thursday, April 30.
"Today, I appointed Mr. Adeoye, father of the young man who sneaked into Ekiti state, as a COVID-19 Response Ambassador in Ekiti state. I am proud of Mr Adeoye as a principled Ekiti man and I salute his courage in helping us keep Ekiti safe," Fayemi tweeted.
Recall that Legit.ng reported that the Ekiti governor in a statement said the retired official of the Federal Road Safety Corps’ action epitomised the core Ekiti ethos of selflessness.
He said Adeoye put a greater premium on the collective good of the society above personal interest.
Going further, the governor urged residents to emulate the patriotic zeal of the retired officer and report any out-of-state traveller who sneaks into their neighbourhood.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had reported that the coronavirus pandemic has kept a lot of people on edge as they all try their possible best to adhere to government’s directive so as not to contract the virus and endanger others.
Despite that, some people have defied the lockdown order of the government by moving around freely despite not knowing their state of health.
An interesting video made the rounds on social media showing a man keeping away from his son and refusing him entry into their home after he came all the way from Lagos to Ekiti state.
Note that Lagos state has the highest number of coronavirus cases in the country and the father has every reason to be scared.
In the now viral video, the father was with his son at a government office where he said the boy should be kept for two weeks before entering his house.
The man said that there is no place for his son to self-isolate in his house and that the government should monitor him for two weeks. The obviously scared father was also seen rushing to his car and driving off so that his son will not follow him home.
Before his 'escape', the father said that despite the guy being his son, he cannot stand the risk of Covid-19 and that he had also given instructions for him not to travel but he disobeyed.
PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: We have upgraded to serve you better.
What will you do if your partner tests positive for Coronavirus? | Legit TV