COVID-19: Kano state govt confirms 2 more deaths amid lockdown
- The coronavirus pandemic has continued to claim lives in Kano state
- To confirm this, the Ministry of Health in the state reported that 24 new cases were recorded on Thursday, April 30
- The ministry also disclosed that the number of cases in the state presently is 139
The coronavirus pandemic has claimed the lives of two persons in Kano, according to the Ministry of Health in the state on Thursday, April 30.
In its official tweet, the ministry also revealed that the number of cases in the state as at Thursday was 24.
This recent development brings the number of confirmed cases in the state to 139. The health ministry, in light of the news, warned residents in the state to strictly adhere to the directives of the government on social distancing.
So far, the state has not recorded any number of discharged case of the virus since its index case was reported.
This is coming just a few days after the federal government imposed a lockdown on the state following alarming reports of the situation of the virus.
Earlier, Legit.ng reported that despite containment measures put in place by the federal and state governments, the COVID-19 pandemic figures in Nigeria, including the death toll, has continued to rise.
With the total number of confirmed cases rising to 1,728 on Wednesday, April 29, Nigeria recorded a high casualty figure within 24 hours as seven more people died from the COVID-19 complications.
As at Tuesday, April 28, the total deaths recorded were 44, according to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).
However, the figure rose to 51 on Wednesday night, indicating that seven people died from the virus within 24 hours.
PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!
Meanwhile, the recoveries also rose from 255 on Tuesday to 307 on Wednesday, indicating that 52 people also recovered from the infectious disease within 24 hours.
Earlier, Legit.ng reported that the minister of health, Osagie Ehanire, allayed the fear of Nigerians over the rising cases of COVID-19 in the country.
Speaking at the daily briefing by the presidential taskforce on COVID-19 on Monday, April 20, Ehanire said 90 per cent of people who contract the virus will recover.
The health minister said people are afraid due to the high number of confirmed cases “that they forget about those recovering.”
"There is no reason for apprehension because over 90 per cent of those who have COVID-19 will recover," he added. The minister only a few people get very sick after contracting the virus.
“Nine out 10 will recover, so what is the fear about. Only that the numbers are so large that we forget that people recover and few get very sick, that is just about four or five out of 100,” Ehanire said.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: We have upgraded to serve you better.
Coronavirus: The US govt gave me over 400k to stay at home - Nigerian in US - LegitTV