COVID-19: Governor Yahaya Bello says there is no case in Kogi

COVID-19: Governor Yahaya Bello says there is no case in Kogi

- Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi state has dismissed claims by the NCDC that states which are yet to record cases of COVID-19 are negligent

- The Kogi state government said it finds the comments by the NCDC DG distressing

- The Kogi government insisted that it has not erred in any way to attract criticism from the NCDC

Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi state has dismissed claims by the director-general of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu, that states which are yet to record cases of COVID-19 are either negligent in testing and tracing or actively hiding the disease within their territories.

The Kogi government in a statement on Wednesday, April 29, said the state being one of the only three states in the country yet to record any case of COVID-19 found the comments by the NCDC DG distressing.

Breaking: Ganduje breaks silence on Kano mass deaths, gives update on investigations, COVID-19 test centre
COVID-19: Governor Bello Tackles NCDC, Insists No Case In Kogi

The Kogi state government said the state finds the comments by the NCDC DG distressing
Source: Facebook

The governor in a statement through Kingsley Fanwo, the commissioner of information, said the self-assessment app hosted at kogicovid19.gov.ng around the NCDC was functioning.

“In fact, we built our self-assessment app hosted at kogicovid19.gov.ng around the NCDC’s checklist for ‘suspected and high risk’ cases and as at last week it has been visited nearly 200,000 times with over 14,000 completed self-assessments out of which only about 60 presented cause for further investigation which then failed to meet the COVID-19 spectrum, the statement read.

The commissioner said the state had not erred in any way to deserve such comments from the NCDC.

He said Kogi state had religiously followed all the NCDC and World Health Organisation (WHO) COVID-19 advisories, both for identifying cases and preventing spread.

Meanwhile, the Kano state government has confirmed thirty-eight (38) additional cases of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in the state. Legit.ng gathered that the announcement was made by the Kano state ministry of health on Wednesday, April 29, in a tweet via his official Twitter handle.

Kano state govt reveals cause of mysterious deaths

The health ministry noted while noting that no positive patient has recovered yet, the total number of casualties from the pandemic in Kano state is three.

The state government announced that as at April 29, the total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the state stands at 115.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

In another report, according to Worldometer, there are now over three million (3,075,523) coronavirus (COVID-19) cases across the world as at Tuesday morning, April 28.

Over two hundred thousand people (211,788) have died from the virus while 925,114 have recovered. As COVID-19 continues to spread, Legit.ng highlights some basic facts everyone should know about the infectious disease.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We keep evolving to serve our readers better.

Coronavirus: The US govt gave me over 400k to stay at home - Nigerian in US

Just in: Zamfara govt confirms the state's first coronavirus cases

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel