Coronavirus: Raymond Dokpesi's son tests positive for COVID-19

Coronavirus: Raymond Dokpesi's son tests positive for COVID-19

- Raymond Dokpesi Jnr has tested positive for COVID-19

- The son of the owner of AIT broke the news on Monday, April 27 in a message to the staff of the company

- Dokpesi Jnr, however, urged those who have interacted with him lately to get tested

The son of the chairman of DAAR communications plc, Raymond Dokpesi Jnr, has tested positive for coronavirus, theCable reports. gathered that AIT reported on the evening of Monday, April 27, he disclosed this in a short message to members of staff in Abuja.

Dokpesi was said to have been self-isolating in the past week before he developed malaria symptoms and started coughing.

He reportedly contacted the Nigerian Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) for a COVID-19 test which came back positive.

The chairman, who is said not to have a recent travel history, advised those who have interacted with him lately to get tested.

Read also

Breaking: Lagos announces death of 2 COVID-19 patients, death toll rises to 18

Coronavirus: Raymond Dokpesi's son tests positive for COVID-19
Raymond Dokpesi Jnr.
Source: UGC

“I got a call this morning confirming the result is COVID-19 positive. I am leaving now to the Gwagwalada isolation centre for treatment and hope to be back in two weeks. Many of you may have interacted with me during our various meetings and I would advise you to get tested as soon as possible,” the message read.

Tracing is said to be ongoing to determine those who may have come in contact with him, as part of efforts to limit the spread of the virus.

Meanwhile, had previously reported that a deputy commissioner police in charge of zonal criminal investigation department Edo state, Francis Bissong, died from COVID-19 complications in his official apartment in Benin, on Tuesday, April 21.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

It was reported that the Edo state commissioner of information, Patrick Okundia, had earlier announced the death of Bissong but he did not go into details.

Read also

Breaking: Adamawa records first COVID-19 case

However, Paul Yakadi, an assistant inspector-general of police in charge of zone 5, Benin has narrated the events that led to Bissong’s death.

Yakadi in a statement disclosed that the deceased had on April 9, travelled to Akure, Ondo state capital, to see his family and celebrate Easter with them.

The late police officer was said to have returned to Benin five days later, where he complained of illness after developing symptoms of high fever.

It was disclosed that on April 18, a medical doctor in charge of the police medical services took Bissong’s blood sample for examination and analysis.

Yakadi said the result of the analysis which came out on April 21 tested positive for COVID-19. ( -> We keep evolving to serve our readers better.

COVID-19 Update: Nigerian states without coronavirus as country hits over 1k cases | - on Legit TV

Read also

Coronavirus: FG receives medical equipment from UN to fight COVID-19


Online view pixel