Coronavirus: Two Nigeria police officers test positive for COVID-19

Coronavirus: Two Nigeria police officers test positive for COVID-19

- Two police officers have tested positive for COVID-19 in Ondo state

- Governor Rotimi Akeredolu made this known during a briefing on coronavirus in Akure, the state capital

- Ondo state now has eight cases of coronavirus pandemic

Emerging report from The Guardian says that two officers of Nigeria police have tested positive for coronavirus in Ondo state. gathered that the Ondo state governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, made the disclosure during his weekly broadcast on COVID19 in the state.

The state currently has eight cases of coronavirus after recording five cases over the weekend.

“The fourth and fifth cases occurred on Saturday while the sixth, seventh and eighth cases were discovered yesterday, Sunday.

“The fourth and fifth cases are officers of the Nigerian Police Force, serving under the Lagos state police command,” Akeredolu said.

Coronavirus: Two Nigeria police officers test positive for COVID-19
Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo state
Source: UGC

Akeredolu on Sunday, April 26, disclosed that one of the arrested suspects in the murder of Funke Olakunrin tested positive for coronavirus.

The governor disclosed that the seventh coronavirus case “was a female civilian who sneaked into the state from Abuja. Meanwhile, the eighth case was discovered in Owo and samples taken were confirmed positive late last night.”

To curtail a further spread of coronavirus in the state, Akeredolu said he had directed the wider processes to trace, isolate and test all primary and secondary contacts with all the cases while at large in the state.

Akeredolu said himself and other governors in the country “are seriously worried about the implications of the existing measures on the self-preservation, well-being and prosperity of our people.”

Meanwhile, had previously reported that a deputy commissioner police in charge of zonal criminal investigation department Edo state, Francis Bissong, died from COVID-19 complications in his official apartment in Benin, on Tuesday, April 21.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

It was reported that the Edo state commissioner of information, Patrick Okundia, had earlier announced the death of Bissong but he did not go into details.

However, Paul Yakadi, an assistant inspector-general of police in charge of zone 5, Benin has narrated the events that led to Bissong’s death.

Yakadi in a statement disclosed that the deceased had on April 9, travelled to Akure, Ondo state capital, to see his family and celebrate Easter with them.

The late police officer was said to have returned to Benin five days later, where he complained of illness after developing symptoms of high fever.

It was disclosed that on April 18, a medical doctor in charge of the police medical services took Bissong’s blood sample for examination and analysis. Yakadi said the result of the analysis which came out on April 21 tested positive for COVID-19. ( -> We keep evolving to serve our readers better.

COVID-19 Update: Nigerian states without coronavirus as country hits over 1k cases | - on Legit TV


Online view pixel