- One of the two COVID-19 patients in Borno who fled after testing positive has been found
- The state's health commissioner, Dr Salisu Kwayabura, said the patient was found in a critical state on Monday
- Dr Kwayabura said he has been moved to an isolation centre where he is now on a ventilator just as he pleaded with the second fleeing patient to report to the hospital
The Borno state government says it has found one of the two COVID-19 patients in the state who fled after testing positive for the infectious disease.
Daily Trust reports that the state's commissioner of health, Dr Salisu Kwayabura, made this known on Monday, April 27.
“Abbas Kaka Hassan, a 24-year-old male, who tested positive for COVID-19 has been traced around 2am, in the early hours of today (Monday) in Maiduguri,” the commissioner said.
Recall that Hassan who was tested at UMTH’s COVID-19 laboratory was declared at large along with one other on Sunday, April 26.
Legit.ng gathers that Kwayabura said a combined team of health surveillance and investigation team, backed by a police escort, traced the patient to his family house where he was found in a critical state.
“He was immediately moved on a stretcher and is now on a ventilator at an isolation centre,” the commissioner added.
He said health workers are doing everything possible to revive the patient while efforts are ongoing to identify persons who may have had direct and indirect contacts with him for risks assessment, isolation advice and collection of samples for tests.
The commissioner, however, said, that Hauwa Mohammed, a 42-year-old female, who also tested positive at UMTH test laboratory, is still at large.
He urged her to as a matter of urgency report to the hospital even as a combination of health surveillance experts and security officials are making all efforts to trace her.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that Governor Babagana Zulum had imposed a total lockdown in Borno state as the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the state increased.
Governor Zulum announced the lockdown which took effect from 10.30pm on Wednesday, April 22, in a state-wide broadcast on Monday night, April 20.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better
Coronavirus: Where is the N30k the government promised us? - Father of 5 cries out | - on Legit TV