Governr El-Rufai tests negative for COVID-19
- Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna state has announced that he has recovered from COVID-19
- The Kaduna state governor said he has tested negative twice consecutively for the disease
- El-Rufai’s recovery comes after nearly four weeks of being treated for coronavirus
Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna state has recovered from COVID-19 after testing negative twice for the disease.
El-Rufai in a statement on Wednesday, April 22, disclosed that after nearly four weeks of observing a strict medical regime, he received the all-clear after two consecutive negative test results.
The governor thanked Almighty Allah for his grace and mercy. He also acknowledged the massive outpouring of sympathy, prayers and public support that followed the disclosure of his illness.
El-Rufai who recalled the trauma his entire family went through during his illness said his entire family has very supportive.
The governor also appreciated friends and colleagues from all over the world who sent their prayers and best wishes.
PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update
He thanked the medical personnel of the ministry of health and the Barau Dikko Teaching Hospital who managed his case.
The governor acknowledged his deputy, Hadiza Balarabe, for her leadership during his absence.
In another report, the Kaduna state government, on Wednesday, April 22, announced the discharge of the fifth coronavirus patient, having tested negative twice for the virus.
Legit.ng gathered that the announcement was made via the official Twitter account of the governor of Kaduna state.
This brings the total number of discharged patients in the state to five. Dr. Amina Mohammad Baloni, the Kaduna state commissioner of health, also confirmed that there are three new cases of COVID-19 in the state, all with recent travel history.
The new cases bring the total number of active coronavirus patients to four in Kaduna state.
The commissioner of health went on to note that among the three new cases is a 23-year-old male, who came from Istanbul via Dubai; a 51-year old male from Kano, and a 42-year-old male from Kaduna who had earlier travelled to Kano.
Dr. Baloni further explained that new cases of coronavirus reflect the danger that interstate travels pose to the efforts to contain COVID-19.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better
Coronavirus: 20% of people who came here tested positive - MoH | Legit TV