Kaduna state discharges 5th COVID-19 patient, confirms 3 new cases
- The Kaduna state Ministry of Health has discharged one more COVID-19 patient out of the six active cases
- The number of discharged patients from the isolation centres in the state is now five
- The ministry also confirmed that the state has recorded three new cases of COVID-19
The Kaduna state government, on Wednesday, April 22, announced the discharge of the fifth coronavirus patient, having tested negative twice for the virus.
Legit.ng gathered that the announcement was made via the official Twitter account of the governor of Kaduna state. This brings the total number of discharged patients in the state to five.
Dr. Amina Mohammad Baloni, the Kaduna state commissioner of health, also confirmed that there are three new cases of COVID-19 in the state, all with recent travel history.
The new cases bring the total number of active coronavirus patients to four in Kaduna state.
The commissioner of health went on to note that among the three new cases is a 23-year-old male, who came from Istanbul via Dubai; a 51-year old male from Kano, and a 42-year-old male from Kaduna who had earlier travelled to Kano.
Dr. Baloni further explained that new cases of coronavirus reflect the danger that interstate travels pose to the efforts to contain COVID-19.
She said: ‘’These new cases reflect the danger that interstate travels pose to efforts to contain COVID-19 such travels spread the virus from place to place, complicate contact tracing and risk implanting the virus in communities.’’
PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!
Legit.ng previously reported that the Kaduna state government has given new updates on the health status of Governor Nasir El-Rufai some weeks after being tested positive for coronavirus pandemic.
Muhammad Sani Dattijo, the chief of staff to Governor El-Rufai, said his boss is not in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) as being speculated on social media. Dattijo in a tweet on Monday, April 20, revealed that El-Rufai is working from the isolation centre.
He posted a photo of himself and El-Rufai live chatting with the caption, “Mallam Nasir El-Rufai at 2:06 pm, Monday 20 April. Alive and Well. Working from isolation. To all the folks tweeting about him in ICU, you shall see it before he does inshaAllah.”
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We keep evolving to serve our readers better
Coronavirus: 20% of people who came here tested positive - MoH | Legit TV