Drama in Lagos as street youths, security agents foil hoodlum attacks
- Lagos youths joined hands with security agents to repel hoodlum attacks on Monday, April 20
- Some hoodlums have been terrorising areas of the state since COVID-19 lockdown was imposed by the federal government
- The residents of Mushin, Oworonshoki, Shomolu and Bariga areas were in a panic mode over the attacks
There was a mild drama in some areas of Lagos state on Monday, April 20, as armed youths who protested against alleged attacks by hoodlums known as the One Million Boys threw residents of Mushin, Oworonshoki, Shomolu, Bariga and Isolo areas into panic.
Legit.ng reports that the demonstrations in the areas were as a result of the incessant attacks launched by the hoodlums on residents during the lockdown occasioned by the coronavirus pandemic.
Some landlords and youths in some areas of the state have been depriving themselves of sleep at night to form vigilante groups and complement the efforts of security agents against the hoodlums.
It was gathered that the suspected members of the One Million Boys had planned to strike on Monday, but youths in the affected areas armed themselves to repel the impending attacks.
Footages trending on social media showed hundreds of armed youths taking to the streets and moving in the directions of the planned attacks by the hoodlums.
In the Oworonshoki area, armed youths, in conjunction with security agents, mobilised to prevent the hoodlums from attacking the area.
A footnote attached to one of the footages, which was posted by @TheHilariousOpe reads: "Apparently, Those boys decided to pay us a visit in Mushin and most of them won't live to tell the tales. People no dey smile for Mushin abeg."
Another footage posted by @mr_robmichael reads: "After watching the videos from Mushin, just prepare your mind that there will be an extension of the lockdown."
The state police public relations officer, Bala Elkana, said the state commissioner of police, Hakeem Odumosu, had gone round to talk to residents to stop creating panic through their actions during the lockdown, adding that the command had mobilised policemen to protect residents in the affected areas.
Elkana said: “The commissioner of police has gone round with heads of other security agencies to talk to community leaders, landlords and the youth to stop burning tyres and stop coming out with weapons to cause panic and also reassured them that there was nothing like One Million Boys coming to attack them."
PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that following the robbery attacks in some areas in Lagos and Ogun states as the COVID-19 lockdown bites harder, some residents of the areas shared their experiences.
It was reported that many communities in Lagos and Ogun states have become theatres of operations for criminals and hoodlums in the last few days.
The men of the underworld looted shops, robbed innocent citizens and people have been living in perpetual fear and anxiety.
The areas most affected include but not limited to Agege, Abule Egba, Iyana Ipaja, Sango, Kola, Ijaye, Lambe and Ifo township.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better
What will you do if your partner tests positive to Coronavirus? | - on Legit TV