Edo defeats coronavirus, discharges index COVID-19 patient
- The seventh coronavirus patient in Edo state has been discharged after testing negative
- Governor Godwin Obaseki who broke the news on Monday, April 20, said the seventh discharged patient is the index case in the state
- The governor also noted that Edo state has now recorded a 50% recovery rate for admitted COVID-19 patients
Edo state has recorded another victory in the fight against coronavirus as the seventh patient in the state was discharged from one of the state’s isolation centres after testing negative twice for the virus.
Legit.ng gathered that the Edo state governor, Godwin Obaseki, disclosed this in a statement, on Monday, April 20.
According to Obaseki, the seventh patient who was discharged is the index case of COVID-19 in the state. He went on to note that with this development, Edo has now recorded a 50% recovery rate for infected patients being admitted to isolation centres across the state.
He said: “Good people of Edo, another COVID-19 patient, who is the index case in Edo State, has tested negative for the second time consecutively. He has now been discharged to reunite with his family.
“This brings to seven the number of patients successfully managed and discharged from our isolation facilities. We have now recorded 50 per cent recovery rate for patients being managed in our facilities.”
This development is coming a day after Governor Obaseki imposed a dusk to dawn curfew on the state in a bid to contain the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Edo state governor in a press briefing on Sunday, April 19, said the curfew will be between 7 pm and 6 am daily and it will take effect from Monday, April 20.
"At today's press briefing, I announced the imposition of a dusk to dawn curfew, between 7pm and 6am daily in #EdoState, effective from April 20, 2020 to help curb the spread of #coronavirus," the Edo state governor tweeted on Sunday.
PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!
Legit.ng previously reported that the Edo state governor said his government has spent over N1billion to curtail the spread of COVID-19 pandemic.
Obaseki disclosed this while speaking in Benin during a live briefing on the virus by the state Response Team on Sunday, Apil 19.
He reiterated his administration’s commitment in ending the scourge of the virus in the state.
“The government of Edo state is leading this battle from the front. We have already spent over N1billion of our limited resources so far on this fight," he said.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!
Market Survey: Coronavirus cannot kill everyone in Nigeria | - on Legit TV