Drama as another COVID-19 patient attempts to escape from isolation centre
- A man infected with coronavirus has attempted to escape from an isolation centre in Kaduna state
- The COVID-19 patient was quarantined at the Infectious Disease Control Center, Down Quarters, Kaduna
- The escape attempt was foiled by an officer of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps
There was a mild drama in Kaduna state as the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) foiled the escape attempt by a COVID-19 patient from an isolation centre on Thursday, April 16.
According to Premium Times, Ekunola Gbenga, the spokesperson of the agency said the coronavirus patients was captured by a corps assistant identified as Joshua Philip, at the Infectious Disease Control Center, Down Quarters, Kaduna state.
The NSCDC spokesperson, narrating the incident in a statement, said the male patient attempted to leave the isolation center without the permission of doctors for morning prayers.
Gbenga went on to note that the corps assistant confronted the patient who tried to open the gate to escape after he forcefully picked the keys, thereby exposing the NSCDC officer to the disease.
The officer who captured the patient was given medic*tion and instructed to self-isolate for two weeks. He was urged to call the centre if he developed any symptoms.
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
Legit.ng previously reported that following the detection of the first coronavirus disease in Nigeria, a 44-year-old Italian man infected with the virus attempted to run away from the center.
It was gathered that the Italian was quarantined at the Mainland Hospital, Yaba, Lagos. The man was disappointed at the ill-equipped facility and poor treatment he was given.
The Italian also complained of not being fed well and not receiving proper medical attention, all of which culminated in his decision to abscond from the center.
Similarly, six persons who tested positive for coronavirus escaped from an isolation centre in Ejogbo, Osun state. The escapees were part of the reported OVID-19 cases who returned from Ivory Coast to Ejigbo.
They were quarantined upon their return from the southwest African country due to the infectious nature of the disease.
However, the Osun state government has asked the public to disregard the news, describing as untrue reports that six persons escaped from one of the isolation centres in the state.
Funke Egbemode, the commissioner for information, said headcount was conducted and it showed that only one person could not be accounted for.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!
Street gist: Coronavirus no suppose affect people wey dey suffer | Legit TV