Coronavirus: Again, Kano state rejects NCDC's COVID-19 cases figure

Coronavirus: Again, Kano state rejects NCDC's COVID-19 cases figure

- Kano government has rejected the new figure of COVID-19 cases in the state

- NCDC announced on the evening of Thursday, that new five cases were recorded in Kano

- But the state government said that the five cases reported by NCDC were part of 21 cases earlier recorded in the state

The Kano state government has again rejected the figure of the coronavirus cases in the state reported as by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).

Legit.ng reports that the NCDC had on Thursday, April 16, said that the country recorded 35 new cases of coronavirus of which it noted that Kano state recorded five cases.

But in his reaction, Dawisu, an aide to the Kano state governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, said the figure given by the NCDC on coronavirus cases in the state was false.

He said the five reported cases were part of the 21 total confirmed in the state on Wednesday, April 15, adding that the NCDC omitted the number in its updates on Thursday, April 16.

Read also

Coronavirus: El-Rufai approves release of 72 convicts

Dawisu added that as of Thursday, April 16, no case of COVID-19 was recorded in Kano state, contrary to the NCDC's claims.

"It's worthy to mention that the 5 cases reported for Kano here are part of the 21 total confirmed cases as of yesterday. The NCDC omitted it in their updates yesterday. As of today, no new case in Kano. May it stay that way," he said.

Coronavirus: Again, Kano state rejects NCDC's COVID-19 cases figure
Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano state
Source: Twitter

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the presidency lambasted a former member of the Senate, Dino Melaye, for sharing an old video to deceive Nigerians and cast aspersion on the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration during the trying period of coronavirus pandemic in the country.

It was reported that Melaye was called out on Thursday, April 16, by the personal assistant to the president on new media, Bashir Ahmad, on his official Twitter handle, @BashirAhmaad.

The presidential aide accused Melaye of sharing an old video that was recorded in 2019 in order to create more fear among Nigerians at a time of national emergency.

Read also

Coronavirus: Kaduna govt raises alarm, says 57,000 new cases loom

Ahmad, however, asked if the former lawmaker derives joy in adding to the problems being faced by Nigerians during the COVID-19 trial.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

In another report, the Yoruba Youth Assembly (YYA) said that people of the southwest region and indeed other parts of the country were more worried about how to deal with hunger than the COVID-19 outbreak.

The YYA in a statement by Olarinde Thomas, its national president, and Deji Oso, the national secretary, said it was unfair for the government to lock down the entire country without making provisions for the welfare of the people.

The group noted that it becomes necessary to expose the dangers and contradictions in the blanket and allegorical broadcast of President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday, April 13.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better

Read also

Breaking: NCDC confirms 5 new cases of COVID-19 in Nigeria

What will you do if your partner tests positive to Coronavirus? | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel