COVID-19: Lagos state discharges 5 more patients from hospital
- The Lagos state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has announced that five more patients in the state have recovered from the COVID-19 disease
- The governor stated that the patients have been discharged from the mainland infectious diseases hospital
- Sanwo-Olu said so far 90 COVID-19 patients have been successfully managed and discharged from Lagos isolation facilities
The Lagos state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has announced that five more patients have recovered from COVID-19 and have been discharged from the mainland infectious diseases hospital.
Governor Sanwo-Olu who made the announcement on Twitter on Thursday, April 16, said three of the patients were females while two were males.
Sanwo-Olu said that the patients were discharged after they tested negative twice consecutively for the coronavirus.
The governor said so far 90 patients have been successfully managed and discharged from the state's isolation facilities.
He appealed to Lagos residents to stay at home, practice social distancing and observe personal hygiene.
Meanwhile, Nigeria has recorded another great success in the fight against coronavirus as 10 people have recovered from the deadly virus.
The government of Kwara announced that two out of its four index COVID-19 patients were on Wednesday, April 15, discharged from the state's isolation centre after they had both tested negative for the disease twice.
The good news was announced in a statement by Rafiu Ajakaye, the chief press secretary to the governor via the state government's official Facebook page on Thursday, April 16.
Legit.ng gathered that Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq revealed that the patients were released alongside five family members who equally tested negative twice.
PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update
AbdulRazaq speaking to reporters in Ilorin, the state capital said: "I’m glad to announce to you that we are discharging a total of seven persons from our isolation facility.
He noted that eleven people were left at the isolation facility with the exit of the seven patients. The governor while reiterating that testing positive for the virus is not a crime warned against the stigmatisation of COVID-19 patients or their families.
In another news, one of Ken Saro-Wiwa's son identified as Menegian has died of coronavirus as the world battles with the deadly disease.
The disclosure was made by his sister, Noo, who took to her Facebook page on Thursday, April 16, to make the announcement.
Still on health, the presidency has lambasted a former member of the Senate, Dino Melaye, for sharing an old video to deceive Nigerians and cast aspersion on the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration during the trying period of coronavirus pandemic in the country.
Legit.ng reports that Melaye was called out on Thursday, April 16, by the personal assistant to the president on new media, Bashir Ahmad, on his official Twitter handle, @BashirAhmaad.
The presidential aide accused Melaye of sharing an old video that was recorded in 2019 in order to create more fear among Nigerians at a time of national emergency.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better.
Coronavirus: 5 ways Nigeria is handling COVID-19 | Legit TV