Coronavirus: FG hits hard at Dino Melaye for sharing fake news to deceive Nigerians

Coronavirus: FG hits hard at Dino Melaye for sharing fake news to deceive Nigerians

- The federal government has berated Dino Melaye for sharing fake news on social media

- Presidency accused Melaye of sharing old video to deceive Nigerians

- Melaye was, however, warned to stop adding to the current challenges being face by the people of the country

The presidency has lambasted a former member of the Senate, Dino Melaye, for sharing an old video to deceive Nigerians and cast aspersion on the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration during the trying period of coronavirus pandemic in the country.

Legit.ng reports that Melaye was called out on Thursday, April 16, by the personal assistant to the president on new media, Bashir Ahmad, on his official Twitter handle, @BashirAhmaad.

The presidential aide accused Melaye of sharing an old video that was recorded in 2019 in order to create more fear among Nigerians at a time of national emergency.

Ahmad, however, asked if the former lawmaker derive joy in adding to the problems being faced by Nigerians during the COVID-19 trial.

Read also

Malami reveals Buhari's strategy for anti-corruption war

He tweeted: "Sen Dino Melaye, a former member of @NGRSenate, with over 1 million followers sharing fake news, an old video recorded last year to make a point that will create more fear among Nigerians at a time of national emergency. Does it really give you joy @dino_melaye."

Melaye had said in his Facebook post that the federal government should do something to alleviate people's suffering before they revolt.

He said: "FG do something b4 something do us. Nigerians are staving.."

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that Bishop Isaac Idahosa of the God First Ministry revealed how he was attacked for stopping members of his church from paying tithes amid the lockdown caused by COVID-19.

It was reported that the bishop whose church is headquartered in Lagos, said the decision to stop the payment of tithes at this period was based on personal conviction and other factors.

Read also

Small Doctor curses peddlers of fake news that he was arrested for attending Funke Akindele’s party

He explained that before the lockdown, he had seen the coming hardship in the country.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

Speaking about the food and other materials recently given by his church to residents of Lagos as part of efforts to ease the lockdown, the bishop argued that as it were currently, nobody listens to any gospel about God with a hungry stomach. He recalled how God expressed love by giving His only son to prove that giving is living.

In another report, one of Ken Saro-Wiwa's son identified as Menegian died of coronavirus as the world battles with the deadly disease.

The deceased identified as Menegian was 50 at the time he succumbed to the deadly disease. The disclosure was made by a sister to the deceased, Noo, who took to her Facebook page on Thursday, April 16, to make the announcement.

Read also

COVID-19: Dino Melaye urges Buhari not to invite Chinese doctors to Nigeria

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better

What will you do if your partner tests positive to Coronavirus? | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel