- Nine people who previously tested positive for the novel coronavirus have been discharged in Abuja
- Mohammad Bello, the minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) made the disclosure when giving updates on the virus
- Mohammad Bello said the patients were returned to their homes having tested negative for COVID-19
The Federal Capital Territory (FCT) has discharged nine people who previously tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
Mr Mohammad Bello, the minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) has disclosed that nine people who previously tested positive for the novel coronavirus have been discharged from hospital
The minister made the disclosure on Wednesday, April 15, while giving updates on the virus in Abuja, Channels TV reports.
Mohammad Bello said the patients were returned to their homes having tested negative for COVID-19.
He noted that out of the nine newly discharged, two were treated at the National Hospital Isolation and Treatment Centre, while the other seven were treated at the Uni Abuja Teaching Hospital Isolation Centre in Gwagwalada
The minister stated that the total number of discharged patients in the FCT is now 20.
Meanwhile, as the cases of coronavirus pandemic increased in the state, the Katsina government enlightenment committee on COVID-19 has appealed to communities to expose returnees for possible identification and monitoring.
Daily Trust reports that a member of the committee and special adviser to the governor on higher education, Malam Bishir Ruwangodiya, said at a news conference that it has become necessary to do so to avert further spread and worsening scenario in the state.
Legit.ng gathered that he said that the recent action of the Charanchi community, who alerted the authorities to some persons who returned from Lagos and were eventually stopped at the state border and taken into isolation, was commendable.
In his remarks, the state commissioner for information, Abdulkarim Sirika, said so far 71 samples were collected from the state, and five have turned out to be positive and the victims are already receiving treatment.
He said all the five cases were linked to the primary index case, adding that the government was working to ensure the spread was curtailed, which necessitated the lockdown of Daura town.
In another news, the governor of Oyo state, Seyi Makinde, has made a very bold move against coronavirus in the state.
In a tweet he made on Wednesday, April 15, the governor said that Oyo has been on a drive to seek local solutions for the spread of coronavirus.
He, therefore, said that to help the advocacy, he will be donating his blood so that experts researching on the "Evaluation of Post Infection Protection Against SARS-COV-2 (COVID-1) in Nigeria" can succeed.
Still on health, the Lagos state commissioner for health, Professor Akin Abayomi, has disclosed that a 56-year-old Nigerian citizen, male, who recently returned from the United States of America, has died of COVID-19 related complications in the state.
Abayomi who made the disclosure in a tweet on Tuesday, April 14, stated that the demise of the US returnee brings the total number of COVID-19 related deaths in Lagos to six.
He said the total number of COVID-19 patients in Lagos that have recovered and discharged are now 61.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better
Coronavirus: People from other countries are happy, Nigerians are not | Legit TV