The 'ego' topic is a very important one, as evidenced by the numerous ego quotes that you can find online. Often confused as a negative thing, the ego is actually more than this.
Even as we look at the different quotes on ego, it is important to note that it all depends on one's attitude towards life. Choosing to be positive or negative affects how you handle life.
Quotes about ego
Do you have a favourite or go-to ego quote, or are you the kind of person that has it all together? People struggle with different things in life, ranging from emotions to attitudes.
The different ego quotes images you come across online capture this perfectly. Fortunately, you can find a lot of these to draw inspiration from.
Below are some of the most positive quotes on the subject. You may just find one quote on ego that you can identify with.
- Ego is hilarious - especially the vanity of a comedian. As soon as you see one start worrying about how cool he is or about how many stadiums he can fill, he stops being funny. ― Ricky Gervais
- Through being “right,” you feel superior, and through feeling superior, you strengthen your sense of self. In reality, of course, you are only strengthening the illusion of ego. ― Eckhart Tolle
- That which comes and goes, rises and sets, is born and dies is the ego. That which always abides, never changes, and is devoid of qualities is the Self. - Ramana Maharshi
- Make your ego porous. Will is of little importance; complaining is nothing; fame is nothing. Openness, patience, receptivity, solitude is everything. ― Rainer Maria Rilke
- The ego is always looking to find something – the spirit can see what’s already there. ― Marianne Willamson
- When ego is lost, limit is lost. You become infinite, kind, beautiful. ― Harbhajan Singh Yog
- The ego is a veil between humans and God. In prayer, all are equal. ― Rumi
- Remind yourself how pointless it is to rage and fight and try to one-up those around you. Go and put yourself in touch with the infinite, and end your conscious separation from the world. Reconcile yourself a bit better with the realities of life. Realize how much came before you, and how only wisps of it remain. ― Ryan Holiday
- Complaining is one of the ego’s favorite strategies for strengthening itself. ― Eckhart Tolle
- We come nearest to the great when we are great in humility. ― Rabindranath Tagore
- You can either be a host to God or a hostage to your ego. It’s your call. ―Wayne Dyer
- The ego, however, is not who you really are. The ego is your self-image; it is your social mask; it is the role you are playing. Your social mask thrives on approval. It wants control, and it is sustained by power because it lives in fear. ― Ram Dass
- Big egos have little ears. ― Robert Schuller
- Never criticize. People are very bad at taking criticism rationally. They take it as a blow to their ego, defend themselves stubbornly, and accuse you back. Resentment ensues. ― TheAncientSage
- Next time you find yourself debating someone, try dropping your position entirely and starting from scratch. Walk out of an ego war and into a learning session. ― Johnny Uzan
Ego quotes for WhatsApp
With so many potential status updates for social media, you want to be one of the people who encourage others through what you post. You may even come up with a favourite ego status update that becomes your mantra.
Below are some of the best examples you can use for your Whatsapp status updates.
- If being an egomaniac means I believe in what I do and in my art or music, then in that respect you can call me that... I believe in what I do, and I'll say it. ― John Lennon
- Chaos is what we've lost touch with. This is why it is given a bad name. It is feared by the dominant archetype of our world, which is ego, which clenches because its existence is defined in terms of control. ― Terence McKenna
- Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge… is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world. It requires a profound purpose larger than the self kind of understanding. ― Bill Bullard
- The ego relies on the familiar. It is reluctant to experience the unknown, which is the very essence of life. ― Deepak Chopr
- Enlightenment is ego's ultimate disappointment. Chögyam Trungpa
- The ego is the false self-born out of fear and defensiveness. ― John O'Donohue
- The moment you become aware of the ego in you, it is strictly speaking no longer the ego, but just an old, conditioned mind-pattern. Ego implies unawareness. Awareness and ego cannot coexist. ― Eckhart Tolle
- Ego gets you inches but it doesn't get you impact. ― Cameron Sinclair
- If someone corrects you and you feel offended, then you have an ego problem. ― Nouman Ali Khan
- The ego is the single biggest obstruction to the achievement of anything. ― Richard Rose
Ego love quotes
Love is a powerful emotion which, when handled well, can yield a lot of positive results. However, a bad attitude can make things go south very fast, which is why maintaining a positive attitude always is encouraged among lovers.
Below are a few of the most powerful ego love quotes online.
- Body is purified by water. Ego by tears. Intellect is purified by knowledge. And soul is purified with love.― Ali ibn Abi Talib
- The ego hurts you like this: you become obsessed with the one person who does not love you. blind to the rest who do. ― Warsan Shire
- It has always seemed strange to me… the things we admire in men, kindness and generosity, openness, honesty, understanding and feeling, are the concomitants of failure in our system. And those traits we detest, sharpness, greed, acquisitiveness, meanness, egotism and self-interest, are the traits of success. And while men admire the quality of the first they love the produce of the second. ― John Steinbeck
- Do you ever lose the ego? Westford asks me. Yeah. When his daughter kisses me, my ego flies out the window. ― Simone Elkeles
- The bigger your heart, the more you love, the more you control your life. The bigger your ego, the more you’re scared, the more others control your life. ― Maxime Lagacé
- Let us be more simple and less vain. ― Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- Love is happy when it is able to give something. The ego is happy when it is able to take something. ― Osho
- When ego is in control it judges and punishes. But love forgives and heals. ― Angie Karan
- As you dissolve into love, your ego fades. You’re not thinking about loving; you’re just being love, radiating like the sun. ― Ram Dass
- You’re not looking for perfection in your partner. Perfection is all about the ego. With soulmate love, you know that true love is what happens when disappointment sets in – and you’re willing to deal maturely with these disappointments. ― Karen Salmansohn
What is the ego of a person?
This has been defined as one's opinion, especially those that one's importance and capabilities. You can determine whether yours will be positive or negative by how you respond to life's challenges.
What is a healthy ego?
This can be described as an attitude that is based on core beliefs whose inspiration is love. An unhealthy one, on the other hand, is built on fear and uncertainty.
Understanding that this can be positive or negative is the first step towards making the right choice. Positivity, however, attracts while negativity repels.
With this in mind, you can choose a path that you will be comfortable with since you appreciate the consequences of your choices.
What is ego in love?
Ego love refers to the selfish kind of love where one thinks about themselves before factoring in the needs of others around him or her.
The opposite of this kind of love is soulmate love, where one is self-less. Rather than focus on one's needs, they consider their lover's wants first.
How do I kill my ego?
If you discover that you are having issues maintaining a healthy attitude and are always taking it out on people, then chances are that you have a lot to deal with. It is advisable to establish what the problem is, then focus on starting your healing journey, especially if you have a load of past bad experiences.
Once you manage to change the fearful patterns, then you can easily turn your life around for the good. The positive energy you will exude moving forward will attract the right people towards you.
All the above ego quotes are proof enough that human beings have a lot to deal with when it comes to fixing their attitude. The right approach can make life better, which is why everyone should work on fixing their attitude.