JUST IN: 6 more COVID-19 patients discharged in Lagos
- Lagos state is making progress in the fight against coronavirus
- Six more patients of coronavirus have recovered from the disease in the state
- This was announced by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on Monday, April 13
Six more patients of coronavirus have recovered from the disease in Lagos state.
Governor Babajide Sanwwo-Olu made this known on Monday, April 13 via his Twitter page.
The governor wrote: “Today, 6 more persons; 1 female and 5 males have been discharged from IDH, Yaba, after their full recovery and testing negative twice to COVID-19
“This good news brings the number of patients who have been managed and discharged from our facilities to 61.
“For us, this is indicative of our will power to triumph in the war against COVID-19. We won't be deterred until victory is achieved.
“I thank you all for your continued perseverance, especially at this critical time. This sacrifice of ours, I am most certain will not be in vain.”
PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update
The federal government had earlier assured Nigerians that more patients of coronavirus would be released once all their results turn out negative.
Minister of health, Dr Osagie Ehanire disclosed this on Tuesday, March 31 while addressing the media in Abuja.
“Treatment normally takes a month or between three to five weeks depending on how your body responds,” the minister said.
Recall that Governor Sanwo-Olu had on Tuesday, March 31 commended Lagosians for compliance on the first day of the stay-at-home directive of President Muhammadu Buhari in a bid to curb the spread of coronavirus.
The governor said the compliance indicates that Lagosians understand the enormity of the coronavirus pandemic.
He reminded residents of the state that the lockdown directive is a strategy to avoid community spread of the virus.
Meanwhile, the federal government had hinted that it may extend the lockdown in Lagos, Abuja and Ogun state to prevent the spread of coronavirus pandemic in the country.
Chairman of the task force and secretary to the government of the federation, Boss Mustapha, recently stated that with what is happening in other countries, it could be easily deduced what the decision of the president would be on the lockdown.
Mustapha said the team had briefed President Muhammadu Buhari on the assessment of the nation’s response so far, adding that more evaluation of the process continues.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better
Covid19: Nigerians beg Buhari not to extend lockdown | Legit TV