Nigeria's leading news and media site Legit.ng is in constant search for talents. Apply now and get a chance to join the international team of media professionals.
WANTED: Copy editor to work with our Lagos office on a freelance basis.
- perfect proofreading and editing skills
- good command of written English language
- good knowledge of local and global affairs
- strategic and analytical thinker
- readiness to challenges and openness to innovations
- access to a computer and internet
- ability to work remotely with minimum supervision
- fix any grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors
- double-check that names, places and organizations are spelt properly
- check the correctness of facts and figures
- re-write headlines (and subheads for articles where necessary)
- ensure that articles are written in accordance with Legit.ng's style guide
- help writers by suggesting changes to enhance readability, conciseness and style of articles
Applicants with work experience in digital online media and or previous copy-editing experience in a media environment will have a priority.
Legit.ng is an equal opportunity employer and application is welcome from both male and female candidates. We also give a chance to young and passionate people to grow in a competitive yet comfortable work atmosphere.
WHY do you need to join us?
- competitive salary + bonuses based on your achievements
- possibility to learn from the biggest global players in IT and media worldwide
- communication with the most influential people in the media industry on a daily basis
- access to the latest technology in media, journalism and mobile.
We do not simply follow the trends, we set them and create them.
To apply: send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application closes 11.59 pm CAT on Monday, September 14.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We keep evolving to serve our readers better.
Is it really difficult to get a job in Nigeria? - on Legit TV