COVID-19: Patience Jonathan’s 200-bed hotel to become isolation centre

COVID-19: Patience Jonathan’s 200-bed hotel to become isolation centre

- Nigeria's immediate past First Lady Patience Jonathan has released her hotel to be used as COVID-19 isolation and treatment centre

- Aisha Buhari had struck a deal with Patience which led to the former first lady releasing her hotel, under litigation to be used at this critical time

- The 200-bed property located in Abuja is valued to be worth around N2 billion

The former First Lady of Nigeria Patience Jonathan has struck a deal to release her 200-bed hotel worth about N2 billion as COVID-19 isolation and treatment centre as the country continues the battle against coronavirus.

the hotel under interim forfeiture was secured by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) back in 2018.

According to The Nation, the former first lady struck a deal with President Muhammadu Buhari's wife, Aisha during a meeting at the Presidential Villa. This led to Jonathan's release of the hotel, under litigation, for use by the government.

Read also

Where is Buhari’s chief of staff, Abba Kyari? - Lola Okoye queries

Mrs. Buhari through her pet project, the Future Assured Programme, struck a separate agreement with the former first lady and the ministry of health to convert the hotel into a COVID-19 treatment centre.

COVID-19: Patience Jonathan’s 200-bed hotel to become isolation centre
Former First Lady Patience Jonathan has released her N2bn hotel to be used as COVID-19 isolation and treatment centre
Source: Twitter

The current first lady made an offer to Dr. Osagie Ehanire, the minister of health, to equip the property as a treatment centre with international standards.

Although the hotel will be formally handed over to the Minister of Health on Monday, April 13, it will be managed by the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) COVID-19 committee.

The Future Assured Programme is providing facilities like water, furniture, beddings, fittings and modern health equipment used to manage COVID-19 cases.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

Legit.ng previously reported that the governor of Bauchi, Bala Mohammed, on Saturday, April 11, recounted his experience at the isolation centre where he received treatment after testing positive for coronavirus.

Read also

Coronavirus: Aliko Dangote reportedly donates 600-bed isolation center to Kano (photos)

Governor Mohammed told journalists at the government house that serving his stay and regaining full recovery from the pandemic were serious ordeals for him. The governor categorically said that he went through hell while in isolation for treatment.

He recalled: “This disease that I was infected with is a terrible experience. I went through hell while in isolation for treatment, I felt like I was alone."

In other news, a new 200-bed isolation/treatment centre is almost ready in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja as Nigeria continues the battle against coronavirus.

The facility is being built courtesy of a collaboration between a popular newspaper, energy company and the Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA).

Legit.ng gathered that a popular Chinese construction company also facilitated the civil works required to prepare the facility, which was an event centre, for seamless conversion into the isolation centre at no cost.

Read also

COVID-19 donations: Tonto Dikeh calls on people selling foodstuff, says she wants to buy 100 bags of rice for charity

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!

Coronavirus: Are Nigerians really afraid of COVID-19? New survey reveals more | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel