Boko Haram: Buratai relocates to northeast to launch last onslaught on insurgents

Boko Haram: Buratai relocates to northeast to launch last onslaught on insurgents

- The COAS Buratai has relocated to the northeast to lead the war against the insurgents

- Nigerian Army made this known on Friday, April 10

- Buratai has been been on operational tour to troops’ locations in the northeast Theatre of Operation since Saturday, April 4, according to the Army

The Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Lt Gen Tukur Buratai has relocated fully to the northeast where he is overseeing and directing the overall operation in the theatre and other Nigerian Army operations across the country.

Legit.ng reports that this was revealed in a statement issued on Friday, April 10, by the acting director of Army public relations, Colonel Sagir Musa.

While addressing troops of Special Super Camp Ngamdu in Kaga local government area of Borno state on Thursday, April 9, Buratai said that he would be with them to the nooks and crannies of the theatre.

According to the statement, the COAS had been on operational tour to troops’ locations in the northeast Theatre of Operation since Saturday, April 4.

Read also

Governor Ishaku lifts ban on Jumma’at prayers, church services amid COVID-19 pandemic

The statement further revealed that during the tour, he was at the Army Super Camp 1 at Mulai and the Special Forces Super Camp 12 at Chabbol near Maiduguri on Wednesday, April 8, where he interacted with the officers and addressed the troops respectively.

"COAS was also at the Forward Operations Base at Alau Dam, and also personally led the troops on patrol round Mairimari and Maigilari Forests.

Boko Haram: Buratai relocates to northeast to launch last onslaught on insurgents
The Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Lt Gen Tukur Buratai
Source: Twitter

"The Nigerian Army wishes to reassure Nigerians that it is highly committed to protecting all law-abiding citizens and defending our territorial integrity. Members of the public are requested to note that there is no form of insecurity that can not be surmounted, and the Boko Haram/ISWAP’s terrorism will also end in the nearest future," the statement read.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that following the complaints that some Nigerians were being tortured unjustly by personnel of the Nigerian Army, the military authority advised on how to report unprofessional conduct of any of its personnel during coronavirus lockdown.

Read also

President Buhari says it is time to finish off Boko Haram remnants

It was reported that the Nigerian Army outlined various methods Nigerians could use to report the unprofessional conduct of any army personnel during the lockdown ordered by President Muhammadu Buhari in Lagos, Ogun and the FCT.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

The Army said that Nigerians can now report the unprofessional conduct of any of its personnel through Whatsapp, calls and SMS.

In another report, Nigerian troops of 3 Battalion/Quick Response Force Army Super Camp 11 Gamboru in Borno state on targeted patrol recently repelled an attack by Boko Haram/ISWAP elements.

The troops had yet another fierce encounter with some Boko Haram/ISWAP marauders in a convoy of seven gun trucks and many motorcycles approaching the Battalion's location at about 6 pm on Tuesday, April 7.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We keep evolving to serve our readers better.

Read also

Insurgency: Army boss goes tough on terrorists, commissions 55 combat vehicles

Can Nigerian Soldiers really not deal with Boko Haram fighters?| - on Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel