- Governor Makinde of Oyo has announced the recovery of three coronavirus patients in the southwest state
- The patients, he said, tested negative for the deadly pandemic disease for the second time and were, therefore, released from the treatment centre
- Makinde insisted that the partial lockdown on the state remains intact and he urged residents to maintain proper hygiene and social distancing
The government of Oyo state has discharged three coronavirus patients who have now been healed of their sickness.
This was confirmed by the state governor, Seyi Makinde, on Friday, April 10.
Governor Makinde said the patients were discharged after they received their second negative coronavirus test results from the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control.
According to the governor, "this brings the number of discharged cases in Oyo State to five. So, there are currently six active cases".
The governor also maintained that the partial lockdown that he had imposed on the state remains intact.
"All previously announced measures to prevent, contain and control the spread of COVID-19 in Oyo State, remain in place. These include the dusk to dawn curfew (7 PM to 6 AM); no gatherings of more than ten people to be held anywhere in the state and the closure of all markets except those selling perishable food items.
"Also, interstate transportation into and out of the state remains suspended except vehicles carrying food items, medical, pharmace*tical and petroleum products," Governor Makinde said.
He urged Oyo residents to keep following the directives of the state's COVID-19 Task Force, wash their hands with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer regularly and also continue to maintain social distancing.
Legit.ng notes that Governor Makinde of Oyo state recently recovered from the coronavirus after testing negative for the disease a second time.
Makinde broke the news in a tweet late on Sunday, April 5 and thanked the people of the state for their prayers.
The governor also thanked Prof Temitope Alonge who acted in his stead as head of the Oyo state COVID-19 task force while he was being treated.
Meanwhile, not far away in Lagos, the state government also announced that a seven-man batch of coronavirus (COVID-19) patients was released from the Infectious Diseases Hospital (IDH) in Yaba.
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu made the announcement on Thursday, April 9, in a tweet on his verified Twitter handle.
The governor said the patients were released after testing negative twice to the COVID-19 pandemic and fully recovered. Legit.ng notes that this brings to 39 the number of discharged patients in Lagos.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng upgrades to serve you better
Coronavirus: Legit tv visits Lagos Isolation centre | Legit TV