- The federal government directed Nigerians to stay indoors in order to curb the spread of the coronavirus
- To stay active during the lockdown, Nigerians have joined the rest of the world in participating in social media challenges
- Some of the challenges being done involve dancing, makeovers, and so on
The world is currently battling a pandemic that has taken so many lives across the globe. The government of different countries directed citizens to stay indoors to effectively fight the virus and reduce the spread.
Nigerian is one of the countries affected by the coronavirus and she also joined other parts of the world in the lockdown procedure. In Nigeria, Lagos, Ogun and Abuja have the highest confirmed cases and the federal government asked the residents to stay indoors to contain the spread of the virus.
For Nigerians who are used to staying active all the time, the lockdown order has become frustrating and many took to social media to join challenges in order to stay busy. Some of the challenges Nigerians are doing online are listed below:
PAY ATTENTION: Read best news on Nigeria's #1 news app
1) #dontrushchallenge: One of the popular challenges is the #dontrush challenge. This is done with a makeup brush, some friends and the TikTok app. The challenge is titled Don't Rush after the song by Young T and Bugsey featuring Headie One.
2) #bopdaddychallenge: The Bop Daddy challenge was started by singer Falz for his song, Bop Daddy. The singer started the challenge for men after he noticed that ladies were doing the #dontrushchallenge, but now ladies have also joined his challenge.
3) #somethingnewchallenge: This challenge is a family challenge. Videos showing different families dancing to the song Something New by Wiz Khalifa feat Ty Dolla Sign have surfaced online.
4) #mostlikelyto: This challenge is mostly for couples, siblings or friends. This challenge is a throwback challenge that was brought back during COVID-19 lockdown.
5) Girlfriend, Side chick and Housewife challenge: This involves ladies dressing up as two or three different things, looking responsible on one hand and looking sassy on the other.
PAY ATTENTION: Do you have news to share? Contact Legit.ng instantly
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported that Imade Adeleke, the daughter of popular Nigerian singer David Adeleke, professionally known as Davido, recently took to social media to show Nigerians how she is staying active during the COVID-19 lockdown.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better
Coronavirus: 5 ways Nigeria is handling COVID-19 | Legit TV