Army chief commissions 55 combat vehicles for insurgency operations

Army chief commissions 55 combat vehicles for insurgency operations

- The Nigerian Army continues to take more measures in its ongoing operations against insurgency

- About 55 Buffalo 4-Wheel vehicles were procured and commissioned by the Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai

- The newly acquired vehicles are to enhance the mobility and combat efficiency of army personnel in mission areas

Buffalo 4-Wheel vehicles numbering about fifty-five have been procured and commissioned by the Nigerian Army in its ongoing counter-terrorism and counter-insurgency operations against Boko Haram and Islamic State in West Africa Province (ISWAP) terrorists.

According to PR Nigeria, the commissioning took place on Wednesday, April 8, in Abuja by the Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Yusuf Buratai who was represented by the Chief of Logistics Nigerian Army, Major General Joel Uniugbe.

The commissioned vehicles which include Toyota Hiluxes, Buffaloes, Innoson Motor Vehicles, Peugeot among others would increase the mobility and combat efficiency of army personnel in mission areas around the northeast.

Nigerian soldiers repel attack by Boko Haram in Borno, kill 2, recover gun trucks

Uniugbe speaking at the event said this was a strategic directive of the army chief for 2020 to sustain a responsive and professional army in its fight against insurgency.

Army chief commissions 55 combat vehicles for insurgency operations

The Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Yusuf Buratai
Source: UGC

The chief of logistics is of the opinion that the newly acquired vehicles would ease the troops’ mobility, movement of logistics and combat manoeuvres.

He said: “The model of vehicle is an asset and indeed force multiplier particularly in the North East terrain where the Armed Forces of Nigeria is conducting operations against Boko Haram criminals.”

Uniugbe gave the assurance that the Nigerian Army will continue to defend the nation from both the external and internal threats.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Legit.ng previously reported that Buratai said that the next line of action taken against Boko Haram insurgents will be kept secret. He made the disclosure on Saturday, April 4, while charging Operation Lafiya Dole troops to be set for a busy undertaking in the fight against the insurgents.

COVID-19: Nigerian armed forces provides additional medical facilities to NCDC

The chief of army staff speaking at a dinner in Maiduguri, Borno state, in honour of Maj. Gen. Olusegun Adeniyi, who was in charge of Operation Lafiya Dole, said plans against the insurgents would not be revealed.

Buratai went on to praise the outgoing theatre commander for his good style of leadership all through his tenure at the head of the operation.

In a related development, thirty Helicopter Backdoor Gunners (HBDG) has been graduated by the Nigerian Air Force (NAF). According to the force, this is to enhance counter-insurgency operations in the country.

This was disclosed by the Chief of Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal, Sadique Abubakar. He disclosed this at the graduation ceremony of the backdoor gunners on Monday, April 6, in Kaduna.

According to Abubakar, who was represented by NAF Chief of Training and Operations, AVM James Gawni, the 30 graduates comprised 18 personnel of the Air Force and 12 others of the Nigerian Army.

NAF graduates 30 helicopter gunners in Kaduna

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better

Can Nigerian Soldiers really not deal with Boko Haram fighters?| Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel