- The Lagos state government has agreed to withdraw the charge against Naira Marley, Gbadamosi and his wife
- Recall Gbadamosi was picked up and Naira Marley turned himself in to the police after they attended a party at Funke Akindele's house
- This is coming after the defendants accepted to tender written apologies to the Lagos state government
Things may have taken a turn for the better for former Lagos governorship candidate, Babatunde Gbadamosi, his wife and Nigerian singer, Naira Malrey, as the state government has agreed to drop the charge against them.
Recall they got into trouble with the state police after they attended the now-infamous birthday party at the residence of Funke Akindele-Bello. While Gbadamosi was picked up by the police, Naira Marley turned himself in.
They were accused of contravening the order passed by the governor prohibiting social gatherings in order to control the spread of the life-claiming virus, COVID-19 also known as coronavirus.
According to Channels TV, the government agreed to drop the charge after the defendants showed remorse for their defiance.
They also accepted to tender written apologies to the state government, as well as issue undertakings to comply with the directive on lockdown and social distancing, including a stay in isolation for the next 14 days.
PAY ATTENTION: Do you have news to share? Contact Legit.ng instantly
It was revealed that the conditions for which their charge was dropped include:
1) They have to write a formal apology to the Government of Lagos State which will solidify the remorsefulness shown by them.
2) They have to give an undertaking in writing that they will continue to comply with the directives of Mr President and Mr Governor which is the subject matter of the case before the court.
3) In view of the danger which the state believes they’ve put themselves by attending a gathering exceeding 20 persons, they must agree to go on 14 days isolation to protect other members of the public from any likely danger.
The celebrity couple got N100,000 fine each and are expected to undergo 14-day community service separately. The Jenifa actress had held a birthday bash to celebrate her husband adding another year and had more than 20 guests in attendance.
4 ways Nigerians are dealing with the COVID 19 lockdown | Legit TV