Coronavirus: FG has not received any money from private donors - Lai Mohammed

Coronavirus: FG has not received any money from private donors - Lai Mohammed

- FG says it has not received any money from private donors over coronavirus pandemic

- Lai Mohammed, information minister who is also a member of the presidential task force on Covid-19, made the disclosure

- The minister also hinted that more cases of coronavirus are expected to be recorded in the coming days

Lai Mohammed, minister of information, tourism and culture, has disclosed that the federal government has not received any money from private donors over coronavirus.

The minister made the disclosure on Friday, April 3, in Abuja during the presidential task force briefing on Covid-19, NAN reports.

Lai said the only money the presidential task force on coronavirus received is the one given by the government.

We have not received even one kobo; people want us probed for how we spent monies we have not even seen,” the information minister said.

Coronavirus: FG has not received any money from private donors - Lai Mohammed

FG says it has not received any money from private donors over coronavirus pandemic.
Source: Facebook

“I can say without any fear that as of this moment, the task force has not received a kobo from anybody.

Lai Mohammed reveals what is disturbing FG's fight against COVID-19

“The only money we will be able to account for is whatever money we receive from the federal government."

Mohammed also berated those people calling for the task force to be replaced by eminent Nigerians.

According to the minister, such call is ill-timed considering the sad reality of the coronavirus pandemic in the country.

He further added that the Nigeria Economy Group-led private sector has said it is not going to give a penny to the task force and that it will only raise the money and provide the needs of the presidential task force group.

The minister also said that the government is on red alert as more cases of Covid-19 are expected in the coming days.

“We anticipate a spike in the number of people that will test positive but there should be no cause for alarm.

“What we need now are equipment and bed facilities where those who have tested positive can be admitted because we do not want a situation where there will be no bed space," the minister further submitted.

Coronavirus: Doctors give update on Abba Kyari's health status

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reported that the federal government has slashed the budget of NASS by N25.6 billion as Covid-19 economic reality beckons.

The reduction reflected 20 per cent cut down from N128 billion previously approved for the country's federal lawmakers.

In the same vein, FG has also beat down the 2020 budget from N10.3 trillion to N8 trillion due to coronavirus pandemic.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!

4 ways Nigerians are dealing with the COVID 19 lockdown | Legit TV

Source: Legit Newspaper

Online view pixel