MNJTF launch new offensive against Boko Haram

MNJTF launch new offensive against Boko Haram

- The military onslaught against Boko Haram and the Islamic State West Africa Province is still on

- The Multi-National Joint Task Force have launched a coordinated joint offensive to dislodge the terrorists

- The troops involved in the operation are from Chad Republic, Niger Republic and Nigeria

The Multi-National Joint Task Force (MNJTF) have launched a coordinated joint offensive to dislodge and completely rid the Islands of Lake Chad of any Boko Haram/ Islamic State West Africa Province presence and activities.

The troops involved in the operation are the Sector 2 MNJTF (Chad Republic), Sector 3 MNJTF (Nigeria) and Sector 4 MNJTF (Niger Republic).

The terrorists had retreated into the islands following the sustained onslaught by the troops of Operation Lafiya Dole.

MNJTF launch new offensive against Boko Haram

The MNJTF is a combined multinational formation, comprising units, mostly military, from Benin, Cameroon, Chad, Niger, and Nigeria.
Source: Facebook

“These heinous acts necessitated the contiguous nations of the Lake Chad basin to jointly launch this massive onslaught on the terrorists across the common borders extending into the Northern Tumbuns of the Lake Chad Basin in Nigeria,” Brigadier-General Benard Onyeuko, acting director of Defence media operations said in a statement on Thursday, April 2.

He stated that aside from the combined operations, troops of Operation Lafiya Dole are equally engaged in the conduct of simultaneous blocking operations aimed at decimating the insurgents.

Recall that the MNJTF successfully repelled a Boko Haram terrorists attack at Tumour in Niger Republic recently.

During the attack, 48 terrorists were killed while four others were captured by the gallant troops.

Earlier this week, the Nigerian military confirmed the killing of a top Boko Haram commander, Abu Usamah, during a joint special clearance operation at Gorgi in Damboa local government area of Borno state.

Over 100 Boko Haram insurgents were neutralized while scores of them escaped with gunshot wounds during the operation.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

Meanwhile, the Nigerian military says its operations across the country will go on despite the outbreak of the dread COVID19 pandemic.

Military authorities say they can not suspend their operations in the country because “operations are not conducted in enclosures but in the open.”

In a related development, the Nigerian military says it has designated 17 of its medical facilities as isolation centres across the country as Nigeria continues its fight against the global pandemic - coronavirus.

The military authorities also say there are plans to recall retired medical personnel to complement those in active service.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better

President Buhari commissions first Nigerian drone | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel