The spread of coronavirus to more states in Nigeria is undeniably alarming, forcing the federal government to impose strict measures on citizens to contain the situation.
Owing to the infectious nature of the disease, some state governours in the country have revealed their health status after unknowingly having contact with persons who later tested positive for the virus.
Governors who have tested positive are Bala Abdulkadir Mohammed of Bauchi, Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna, and Seyi Makinde of Oyo.
The status of these governors was announced around the same time when the chairman of the Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF), Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti, advised his colleagues from other states to subject themselves for the all-important test following a recent meeting they all attended.
However, 19 governors in the country are yet to make any statement as to whether they have done the needful.
Below is a full list of governors whose coronavirus status are yet unknown:
1. Governor Emmanuel Udom (Akwa Ibom)
2. Governor Nyesom Wike (Rivers)
3. Governor Ifeanyi Okowa (Delta)
4. Governor Samuel Ortom (Benue)
5. Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi (Enugu)
6. Governor Bello Muhammad Matawalle (Zamfara)
7. Governor Muhammad Badaru Abubakar (Jigawa)
8. Governor Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri (Adamawa)
9. Governor Darius Dickson Ishaku (Taraba)
10. Governor Muhammad Inuwa Yahaya (Gombe)
11. Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu (Lagos)
12. Governor Simon Lalong (Plateau)
13. Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal (Sokoto)
14. Governor Mai Mala Buni (Yobe)
15. Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq (Kwara)
16. Governor David Nweze Umahi (Ebonyi)
17. Governor Yahaya Bello (Kogi)
18. Hope Uzodinma (Imo)
19. Governor Okezie Ikpeazu (Abia)
Meanwhile, Legit.ng reported that there was anxiety in the country as many governors had reportedly refused to self-isolate despite the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) warning as coronavirus spreads beyond age boundaries and classes.
The last seven days had seen the country embroiled in fear as confirmed cases tragically soared up with top political personalities confirmed positive for the deadly pandemic.
Legit.ng noted that among those who have tested positive and gone on isolation include President Muhammadu Buhari's chief of staff Abba Kyari and Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi state.
Although some governors have yielded to advice and gone on self-isolation, findings revealed that many governors are indifferent to the NCDC advice and continue with public functions outside and inside their respective states.
Considering the spate of coronavirus cases among Nigerian leaders, many governors might have had contact with the confirmed cases, hence the NCDC's advice.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!
4 ways Nigerians are dealing with the COVID 19 lockdown | Legit TV