Coronavirus: Eight suspected COVID-19 cases test negative in Ebonyi

Coronavirus: Eight suspected COVID-19 cases test negative in Ebonyi

- Ebonyi state remains COVID-19 free as the results of eight suspected cases came out negative on Wednesday

- Governor Umahi who disclosed the test results also announced that the government has completed a state of the art COVID-19 testing centre

- Umahi added that Observation Centres have been established in six locations across the state

The governor of Ebonyi state, Dave Umahi, has disclosed that eight persons suspected to have been infected with coronavirus in the state have tested negative, indicating that the state has no confirmed COVID-19 case.

Channels TV reports that Umahi disclosed this on Wednesday, April 1, during a statewide broadcast at the Government House in Abakaliki, the state capital.

Legit.ng gathers that Umahi also said his government has completed a state of the art COVID-19 testing centre.

The Ebonyi state governor further explained that Observation Centres have been established in six locations across the state.

COVID-19: Akwa Ibom boast 13 ventilators, prepares for emergency
Coronavirus: Eight suspected COVID-19 cases test negative in Ebonyi

Ebonyi remains free as eight suspected COVID-19 cases test negative in Ebonyi
Source: UGC

He also directed the closure of all borders, banned religious gatherings, burial and wedding ceremonies as well as drinking bars across the state.

Recall that Governor Umahi had reportedly ordered security operatives to shoot at sight any person who tries to escape from the state isolation centre.

The governor's directive came after the Ebonyi government ordered immediate isolation of about 37 returnees who were nabbed while trying to enter the state through the bush after the closure of the land border.

Umahi said any of the returnees who makes an attempt to escape from the isolation centre for the 14-day period should be shot.

The governor added that that will help reiterate the fight against the coronavirus pandemic in the state.

PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update

Meanwhile, heated reactions have trailed Akwa Ibom's first cases of COVID-19 announced on Wednesday by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).

Akin Abayomi says coronavirus is not a death sentence

Though Nigeria confirmed its first case of coronavirus in Lagos on Thursday, February 27, via an Italian, Akwa Ibom state had been free of the deadly virus until Wednesday.

The south-south states recorded five COVID-19 cases on Wednesday, according to the NCDC as Nigeria's total cases rose to 174.

Following the NCDC's confirmation, Akwa Ibom emerged one of the top trends on Nigeria's social media space, particularly Twitter.

"If all we have read on the TL in the last 3 days is true, then, Akwa Ibom should be ready for what is to come. Really scary," Dipo Awojide said, among many other heated reactions.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!

Coronavirus: 5 ways Nigeria is handling COVID-19 | - on Legit TV

Coronavirus: Delta state reveals health status of 3 suspected cases

Source: Legit Newspaper

Online view pixel