- Nollywood actress Osiobeloveth has narrated how she was treated by task force officers in River state
- The actress said the task force officers destroyed the food items that she bought with her friend
- According to her, she and her friend had to run at some point
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, citizens have been directed to stay indoors to curb the spread of the virus. The federal government issued a lockdown in different states, including some markets and vehicular movement was also banned.
Nollywood actress Osiobeloveth has taken to social media to narrate how she and her friend were treated by the task force officers in Rivers state. The actress said the incident happened in Port Harcourt.
In the post shared on her Instagram page, she explained that she and her friend bought food items in the market and the task force officers in the state destroyed it.
PAY ATTENTION: Read best news on Nigeria's #1 news app
According to her, the task force officers poured kerosene on the things they bought. She lamented that they did not even consider the fact that things are expensive in the market now.
The actress said everything was destroyed right in front of them and they were shocked that they could not even move. She said at some point they had to run.
She said: "This is what happened today in Port Harcourt things I bought with my friend today were destroyed by Wike task force they poured kerosene on things I and my friend already paid for considering how expensive things are in the market now everything we bought was destroyed before our own eyes we couldn’t move we just stood there in shock at a point we had to run and this is not even in the market ooo this country is one hell of a crazy place to be in."
PAY ATTENTION: Do you have news to share? Contact Legit.ng instantly
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported that Rwandan police shot and killed two people who refused to obey the lockdown orders imposed by the government to curb the spread of the coronavirus.
According to Bloomberg, the spokesman of Rwanda National Police, John Bosco Kabera, said on Wednesday, March 25, that the two men who were in their twenties “attempted to tussle with officers”.
Rwanda began a two-week lockdown on Sunday, March 22, restricting travel between towns and cities and asking people to stay indoors. The East African nation has 40 confirmed Covid-19 cases.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better
Coronavirus: Nigerian man says only rich men can contract the deadly virus | Legit TV