- Lionel Messi has listed the 15 young players that will rule the world of football
- The Barcelona captain made his selection across the top five leagues in Europe
- Nigeria's Victor Osimhen and Samuel Chukwueze was missing in the next generation stars
Lionel Messi in the next few years will bow out of the game and the soon to be Barcelona legend has named 15 prospects that will dominate football.
The list makes up part of a set of Topps Champions League cards specially designed by Messi, featuring cards about the "Greatest Moments" of his career as well as "Top Talents" and "Youth on the Rise".
Promising Super Eagles duo of Samuel Chukwueze and Victor Osimhen were not on the list but Messi chose four English players and three French players.
Here are the 15 names Messi picked and how he described them:
1. Trent Alexander-Arnold - "A full-back who is impressive going forward, it is the future."
2. Christian Pulisic - "He has great balance and agility."
3. Mason Mount - "Having watched him play he has the potential to be one of the best."
4. Phil Foden - "He will do amazing things in the game. He has huge talent."
5. Jadon Sancho - "His ability to dribble past defenders is impressive."
6. Luka Jovic - "A magical player who makes the impossible, possible."
7. Kai Havertz - "His composure in front of goal is so impressive for such a young player"
8. Eder Militao - "A phenomenal talent and fierce competitor."
9. Ousmane Dembele - "His pace is frightening in training."
10. Houssem Aouar - "He is always calm with the ball at his feet with an excellent technical quality."
11. Frenkie de Jong - "One of the most accomplished passers I have ever seen for his age."
12. Joao Felix - "One of the most exciting young players in the world right now."
13. Kylian Mbappe - "He is so fast and he can finish. Very dangerous."
14. Joshua Kimmich - "A hugely talented full-back who provides so many assists."
15. Benjamin Pavard - "A classy defender who can strike a ball so well."
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported that Lionel Messi has revealed that Barcelona players will donate their wages so that club employees can continue to be paid full salaries during the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
Messi and his Barcelona teammates have taken it upon themselves to donate 70 per cent of their salaries to help pay their coaching staff in full.
But Messi made the announcement in a post on his Instagram account, writing: "Much has been written and said about the first team of FC Barcelona in regards to the salaries of the players during this period of a state of alarm.
"First of all, I want to clarify that our will has always been to apply a drop in the salary we receive, because we fully understand that this is an exceptional situation and we are the first ones who have ALWAYS helped the club when asked."
Nigeria still needs Enyeama, Maradona was my toughest opponent - Rufai | Legit TV