- Mason Mount has earned the praises of Barcelona legend Lionel Messi
- The 32-year-old says the Chelsea midfielder has the potential to reach the world-class level in the sport
- Mount has scored six goals and four assists in 29 Premier League appearances so far this campaign
- All football activities are on hold until April 30 tentatively due to the outbreak of deadly coronavirus
Barcelona legend Lionel Messi has showered praises on Chelsea youngster Mason Mount - saying the midfielder has the qualities to become a world-class star in the nearest future.
The 21-year-old broke into the Blues first team this season under current boss Frank Lampard and has already scored six goals and four assists.
His impressive contributions to his side's current top four status on the table so far this campaign has helped him win the heart of the club fans.
It, however, appears that his performances have traveled beyond the shores of the United Kingdon with the Argentine lauding the midfielder's superb talent on the pitch.
The 32-year-old widely regarded as the best to ever play the game shared his thoughts on Mount after teaming up with Topps to create an exclusive pack of football cards.
According to Daily Mail quoting Football London, Messi picked Mount in his 'youth on the rise' category, before going on to lavish praise on the England midfielder.
"Having watched him play he has the potential to be one of the best," Messi said.
The Chelsea star has also won the heart of his national team manager who seems to have included him down to be part of his team for the Euro 2020 championship.
READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng
But the outbreak of deadly coronavirus has forced the competition, just like all other major tourneys expected to take place this summer back by 12 months.
This, however, means that the Euros, Copa America, Olympic Games and other events will be taking place in the summer of 2021.
Legit.ng earlier reported that Inter Milan forward Lautaro Martinez has agreed personal terms with Barcelona ahead of a possible summer move.
The Catalans are looking for a long term replacement for their aging forward Luis Suarez who clocked 33 earlier this year.
With Ousmane Dembele failing to justify his huge price tag at Camp Nou, Barca chiefs have now penned down the Argentine star as their next target.
Amokachi twins: Why we dumped Besiktas for Kwara United | Legit TV