- Governor Sanwo-Olu has denied a report that said he imposed a dusk to dawn curfew in Lagos over coronavirus
- Lagos has the highest number of cases of coronavirus in Nigeria
- Sanwo-Olu said the country had recorded 81 coronavirus cases of which 52 cases are in Lagos
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos state said he did not order the imposition of a dusk to dawn curfew in the state as being reported in the media.
Legit.ng reports that in a thread of tweet on Saturday, March 28, the governor said there won't be any curfew in the state contrary to misinformation being peddled around, urging the general public to disregard it.
He tweeted: "No Curfew In Lagos. Contrary to misinformation, this is to alert the general public that curfew has not been announced in Lagos State. The Governor, Mr @jidesanwoolu dropped the idea of imposing a curfew in the state meant to allow the fumigation exercise of public space."
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), said the country had recorded 81 coronavirus cases of which 52 cases are in Lagos.
Sanwo-Olu said the state was heading towards a lockdown but a number of factors are being considered before some decisions are made.
The governor said the state has acquired over 200 disinfecting machines to commence fumigation of public areas.
“We are moving in the direction of a total lockdown but there are numbers or indices that we need to see before we carry it out, which we have yet to see. We need to see a huge spike in the numbers of confirmed cases, so, we are looking at that," he said.
The state government had earlier announced the closure of schools and a ban on large gatherings.
Seventy percent of workers in the state’s civil service was also directed to stay at home for a period of two weeks.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that as the coronavirus pandemic continues, a Nigerian man took to social media to express displeasure that those that returned from overseas refused to self-isolate and put others at risk of contracting the disease.
It was reported that the man identified as @Dehkunle on Twitter said those who do not have visa will end up dying because people with visa failed to do the right thing by isolating themselves when they returned to Nigeria.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!
Coronavirus: 5 ways Nigeria is handling COVID-19 | - on Legit TV