Goodluck Jonathan calls on Nigerians to work together to combat COVID- 19

Goodluck Jonathan calls on Nigerians to work together to combat COVID- 19

- Amid the global pandemic, former Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan sends an important message of unity to Nigerians

- The former Nigerian leader described the coronavirus outbreak as a new enemy that can be destroyed by solidarity and actions

- Jonathan called on the people to obey the guidelines the government has put in place to check the spread of coronavirus

Former president, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, on Thursday, March 26, released a message of unity and solidarity for Nigeria, amid the global pandemic called coronavirus that is ravaging the whole world.

In his message posted across his social media pages, the former Nigerian leader urged nationals to demonstrate good citizenship by complying with relevant policies and guidelines the government has put in place to curb the spread of coronavirus.

Jonathan went on further to note that the COVID-19 outbreak in Nigeria is a new enemy that can be destroyed by the people's solidarity and actions.

FG remains committed to protecting Nigerians - Buhari

Read the full statement below:

"Today our world faces a global crisis that threatens our peace, hope, and freedoms. Across the globe is the climate of fear, havoc, and consequences of a new enemy, Coronavirus Disease- COVID - 19.

Dear Compatriot, this is not a time to fear or despair; it is a moment of responsibility, courage and faith. It is time to demonstrate good citizenship by yielding to relevant policies and guidelines put in place by government and its agencies to combat the challenge of COVID- 19.

As a country, ours is a history of many triumphs in times of global and national challenges.In 2014, through solidarity and unity of purpose, we combated the dreaded Ebola virus.

More than ever before, now is the time for action, solidarity and patriotism. Let's all brace up and work together to combat this new scourge COVID- 19."

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android and read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

FG warns Nigerians, says coronavirus explosion looms in the country

Legit.ng previously reported that the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has confirmed 14 new cases of the coronavirus infection in the country.

The NCDC in a tweet on Thursday, March 26, disclosed that 12 of the new cases were detected in Lagos, while one was confirmed in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja and another in Bauchi state.

The agency said of the 14 cases, six were detected on a vessel. It said three cases are returning travelers into Nigeria while one is a close contact of a confirmed case.

In a related development, President Muhammadu Buhari has assured Nigerians that the federal government is committed to protecting citizens from the coronavirus pandemic.

The Nigerian president made the statement on Friday, March 26, when highlighting some of the decisions he has taken to ensure that the spread of the coronavirus pandemic is contained in the country.

Despite rising casualties, Nigerian cleric claims coronavirus pandemic is all lies

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!

Market Survey: Coronavirus cannot kill everyone in Nigeria | Legit TV

Source: Legit Newspaper

Mailfire view pixel