- Evangelos Marinakis tested positive for the virus days after he had been in Nottingham to watch his side in action
- His diagnosis sent the Premier League into panic as he had been contact with Arsenal players and staff days earlier
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta would later test positive for COVID-19, compelling Arsenal stars to go into isolation
- Marikanis has now announced he has recovered from the condition after days of treatment in his home country, Greece
Nottingham Forest and Olympiacos owner Evangelos Marinakis has been cleared of coronavirus just weeks after testing positive for COVID-19.
Marikanis announced he had contracted the virus shortly after his Olympiacos club dumping Arsenal out of the Europa League in a thrilling clash played at the Emirates.
His positive diagnosis saw Arsenal players immediately forced into self-isolation before it later emerged club boss, Mikel Arteta, had tested positive for the virus.
The dire situation saw the Premier League suspended indefinitely in a bid to combat further spread of the virus.
Express UK citing Sport24 now reports after undergoing several tests, Marikanis has been cleared of the deadly condition.
“After two weeks in full compliance, I underwent my second medical test which turned out negative,” Marinakis said on Forest's website.
He further took time to praise the Greek medical system and the “heroes” who treated him.
“I need to extend my thanks to the Greek National Health system doctors for their care and advice," he noted.
News of the business mogul's recovery comes shortly after his son refuted claims the 52-year-old was hospitalised after his health took a turn for the worse.
The Greek businessman is now understood to be on his way to full recovery and is expected to go back to his duties.
However, he will have to wait a little longer to check on his businesses following an announcement by Greece Prime Minister Kryiakos Mitsotakis of a state lockdown in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng also reported that Mikel Arteta has recovered from the deadly coronavirus after testing positive a few days back, Mirror reports.
The Spanish boss who was the first high-profile name in the Premier League to test positive to COVID-19 has now recovered.
But the north London club have told their players to stay at home after insisting it would be "inappropriate" to return to training.
Player were expected to return to training on Tuesday, March 24, after they were told to self-isolate themselves when Arteta tested positive to COVID-19.