- The national secretariat of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has been shut down amid the scare of coronavirus in Nigeria
- The national chairman of the party Adams Oshiomhole made the disclosure on Monday, March 23
- Oshiomhole noted that the party's secretariat would be closed for two weeks
Adams Oshiomhole, the national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), on Monday, March 23, announced the closure of the ruling party's national secretariat.
According to P.M News, Oshiomhole said the National Working Committee (NWC) took the decision to shut down the secretariat in order to protect its workers amid the spread of the contagious and deadly coronavirus.
The APC chairman while addressing the workers also noted that the party's secretariat would be closed for two weeks, with the probability of an extension.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that the governor of Niger state, Alhaji Abubakar Sani Bello, reportedly declared a shut down in the state, declaring restriction of movement from 8 am to 8 pm, as Nigeria's confirmed coronavirus cases rise.
The restriction of movement which the governor announced in a state broadcast on Monday, March 23, will commence on Wednesday, March 25.
Governor Bello said the move became necessary due to the new cases emerging from the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), noting that Niger state is very close to the FCT.
In a related development, Bala Mohammed, governor of Bauchi state, has reportedly gone on self-isolation after it was established that he had contact with the son of former vice president Atiku Abubakar.
It would be recalled that Atiku's son, whose name was not mentioned, tested positive for coronavirus after returning to the country amid Covid-19 scare. Disclosing the development in a tweet on his verified Twitter handle on Sunday night, March 22, Atiku said the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has been duly informed about the situation.
PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update
In other news, Nigeria has recorded the first casualty from Covid-19 on Monday morning, March 23. The victim, according to a statement by the Nigerian Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), is a 67-year-old man who returned home following medical treatment in the United Kingdom.
The case is Alhaji Suleiman Achimugu, a former managing director of Petroleum Pricing Monitoring Corporation (PPMC). He was said to have been battling with underlying medical conditions including multiple myeloma & diabetes.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better
Сoronavirus: 6 outrageous lies about the disease | Legit TV