Coronavirus: Bauchi governor in self-isolation after contact with Atiku’s son

Coronavirus: Bauchi governor in self-isolation after contact with Atiku’s son

- Governor Bala Mohammaed of Bauchi state has reportedly gone on self-isolation

- Mohammed's self-isolation became necessary after it was established that he had contact with Atiku's son

- Atiku, a former vice president, earlier announced that his son tested positive to coronavirus

Bala Mohammed, governor of Bauchi state, has reportedly gone on self-isolation after it was established that he had contact with the son of former vice president Atiku Abubakar.

Legit.ng earlier reported that Atiku's son, whose name was not mentioned, tested positive for coronavirus after returning to the country amid Covid-19 scare.

Disclosing the development in a tweet on his verified Twitter handle on Sunday night, March 22, Atiku said the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has been duly informed about the situation.

The former vice president also added that his son had been moved to the Gwagwalada Specialist Hospital in Abuja for treatment.

Breaking: Sanusi regains freedom, departs Nasarawa state (photo)

Atiku had recently advised the federal government to restrict flights from nations with a high prevalence of the coronavirus plague, following the discovery of index case of the disease in Lagos state.

Coronavirus: Bauchi governor Bala Mohammed in self-isolation after contact with Atiku’s son

Governor Bala Mohammaed of Bauchi state has reportedly gone on self-isolation.
Source: UGC

But in what came as a surprise, Governor Bala Mohammed has reportedly gone on isolation after meeting with Atiku's son and shaking hands with him.

Former director-general of Radio Nigeria, Ladan Salihu, made the announcement via his Twitter handle on Monday, March 23.

"Our governor Bala Mohammed in self-isolation following contact with Atiku Abubakar's Son. Yes. We were on the same flight from Lagos to Abuja.

"They shook hands and exchanged pleasantries. The Gov and the rest of us have taken tests. The results will be negative in sha Allah," he said.

PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update

Earlier, Legit.ng reported that in what signposts a tragic dive into a tough and turbulent time, Nigeria recorded the first casualty from Covid-19 on Monday morning, March 123.

APC raises alarm as Governor Darius Ishaku has been out of Taraba for '80 days', government matter decided in Abuja

The victim, according to a statement by the Nigerian Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), is a 67-year-old man who returned home following medical treatment in the United Kingdom.

The case is Alhaji Suleiman Achimugu, a former managing director of Petroleum Pricing Monitoring Corporation (PPMC). He was said to have been battling with underlying medical conditions including multiple myeloma & diabetes.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better

Сoronavirus: 6 outrageous lies about the disease | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel