Coronavirus: La Liga suspend resumption of league indefinitely

Coronavirus: La Liga suspend resumption of league indefinitely

- La Liga will not resume until the COVID-19 pandemic is eradicated, according to Spanish FA

- The league was due to resume in the first week in April but it has now been postponed indefinitely

- Five players and staff of Valencia have already contracted the virus in the past few days

La Liga will not return to action until the Coronavirus crisis is over, according to Spanish FA.

Spain is one of the worst countries affected nations in Europe and the board have agreed to call off action until the pandemic is over.

A few players and staff of Valencia have confirmed to have contracted the virus and their country is now under self-isolation.

And La Liga have released a statement confirming all football would continue to be suspended.

La Liga had initially been suspended until the weekend of April 4 and April 5.

The Spanish top-flight division was postponed until April 4, 2020, but with the way things are going, league president Javier Tebas said that the season will be organized in a way to adapt the economic blow.

COVID19: Gov Udom Emmanuel says no need to shut down schools

Tebas said: "We're working to see if we can fit in some calendars in order to soften the economic blow that will arrive.

"If the competitions are suspended, everything is revised and revenues are a lot lower.

"All the budgets of the teams are going to be comprised if the season doesn't get finished, but I'm convinced that it will get finished."

PAY ATTENTION: Become a member of the leading sports Facebook group 'Naija Football Fan

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported that Ekundayo Ojo is currently in custody of kidnappers on Sunday, March 22, afternoon at Ipele town, after Ifon in Ondo State, cited on Twitter.

It is understood that Enyimba international midfielder was heading back home from his base in Aba before he was nabbed in Akure.

The Super Eagles midfielder was not the only caught in the web of kidnappers, but his teammates Benjamin Diomande and Emmanuel James were also victims but managed to escape.

Just in: No more train rides, Nigeria shuts down railway services nationwide over coronavirus

Legit.ng also reported that Cristiano Ronaldo has been hard to replace since he left Real Madrid, according to former Los Blancos boss Fabio Capello, cited on Goal.

The Italian boss who had two different spells at the Santiago Bernabeu claims that Real's opponents need to score two goals to be sure of winning a match back in the days Ronaldo was still at the club.

The Portuguese talisman left Spain and took up a new challenge in Italy with Juventus and the 35-year-old has adapted to the different style of play in Serie A.

But Capello stated that Real are guaranteed to score a goal when Ronaldo plays but Zinedine Zidane's side have fallen short of those qualities since he left the club.

Nigeria still needs Enyeama, Maradona was my toughest opponent - Rufai | Legit TV

Source: Legit Nigeria

Mailfire view pixel