Nigeria records first coronavirus death

Nigeria records first coronavirus death

- The first coronavirus death has been recorded in Nigeria

- According to the report, the deceased just returned from the UK

- The deceased was reported to have other medical conditions

Nigeria has recorded the first coronavirus death after a 67-year-old man who returned home following medical treatment in the UK succumbed to the disease.

This was disclosed by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) in a tweet on Monday, March 23.

The deceased man reportedly has underlying medical conditions.

Specifically, he was suffering from multiple myeloma & diabetes. He was also undergoing chemotherapy.

Nigeria records first coronavirus death

According to report, the deceased just returned from the UK. Credit: The Sun
Source: UGC

Consequently, the NCDC commiserated with his family.

"The 1st #COVID19 death in Nigeria has been recorded. The case was a 67-year-old male who returned home following medical treatment in UK.

"He had underlying medical conditions- multiple myeloma & diabetes & was undergoing chemotherapy.

"Our thoughts are with his family," the tweet read.

Shehu Sani, others react as Nigeria records first death from coronavirus

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had reported that Atiku Abubakar, a former vice president, has disclosed that his son has tested positive for the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

The politician disclosed this in a tweet on his verified Twitter handle on Sunday night, March 22.

Atiku revealed that the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has been duly informed about the situation and that his son had been moved to the Gwagwalada Specialist Hospital in Abuja for treatment.

He did not mention the name of which of his sons was infected by the disease.

In another report, Atiku called on the federal government to use power at its disposal to ensure the lives of Nigerians are protected against the deadly coronavirus.

Legit.ng reports that the former presidential candidate of the PDP had recently advised the federal government to restrict flights from nations with a high prevalence of the coronavirus plague, following the discovery of index case of the disease in Lagos state

Coronavirus: Nigerians rushed to hospitals over chloroquine poisoning

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

In a statement he issued on Thursday, March 12, Abubakar also urged the government to take every reasonable step to protect the citizens of Nigeria by temporarily suspending flights to and from the affected countries until it builds up the ability to contain the coronavirus.

He, however, said that the borders should be open to Nigerian citizens regardless of their status, adding that despite the commendable efforts of patriotic health officials, the government is yet to identify and or locate multiple passengers who flew in with the index case from Italy.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better.

Coronavirus: Nigerian man says only rich men can contract the deadly virus: Legit TV

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel