Atiku Abubakar's son tests positive for coronavirus

Atiku Abubakar's son tests positive for coronavirus

- A former vice president, Atiku Abubakar says his son has tested positive for the coronavirus disease (COVID-19)

- The politician disclosed this in a tweet on his verified Twitter handle on Sunday night, March 22

- Atiku revealed that the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has been duly informed about the situation

Atiku Abubakar, a former vice president, has disclosed that his son has tested positive for the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

The politician disclosed this in a tweet on his verified Twitter handle on Sunday night, March 22.

Atiku Abubakar's son tests positive for coronavirus

Atiku said that the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has been duly informed about the situation
Source: Twitter

Atiku revealed that the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has been duly informed about the situation and that his son had been moved to the Gwagwalada Specialist Hospital in Abuja for treatment.

He did not mention the name of which of his sons was infected by the disease.

In another report, Atiku Abubakar has again called on the federal government to use power at its disposal to ensure the lives of Nigerians are protected against the deadly coronavirus.

Olamide rocks full face mask, says coronavirus is real (photo)

Legit.ng reports that the former presidential candidate of the PDP had recently advised the federal government to restrict flights from nations with a high prevalence of the coronavirus plague, following the discovery of index case of the disease in Lagos state

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

In a statement he issued on Thursday, March 12, Abubakar also urged the government to take every reasonable step to protect the citizens of Nigeria by temporarily suspending flights to and from the affected countries until it builds up the ability to contain the coronavirus.

He, however, said that the borders should be open to Nigerian citizens regardless of their status, adding that despite the commendable efforts of patriotic health officials, the government is yet to identify and or locate multiple passengers who flew in with the index case from Italy.

COVID-19 is a scam, just malaria lung flu - Singer Slimcase

He said: "They could be anywhere. We must, therefore, err on the side of caution. We cannot afford to broaden the possibility of future infections. The economic impact of a widespread infestation of the virus in Nigeria will be catastrophic and will affect our national security, and status as Africa’s leading economy. The ravages of this scourge, which has officially been classified as a global pandemic, must not be allowed to test our already fragile economy."

Meanwhile, Rauf Aregbesola, Nigeria’s minister of interior has advised citizens to reduce handshaking and hugging in order not to contract the novel coronavirus.

The minister of interior gave the advice on Thursday, March 12, at the ground-breaking ceremony of a 3000-capacity custodial centre in Karshi, in Abuja, Daily Trust reports.

Aregbesola urged Nigerians to always stay three feet away from one another and avoid crowded places. He advised Nigerians to greet by bowing and touching their heart.

Coronavirus: UI Muslim community leads the fight, suspends Jumu'ah prayers indefinitely

Aregbesola described coronavirus as a global emergency that should be checked to ensure it doesn’t become a serious problem in the country.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better.

Coronavirus: Nigerian man says only rich men can contract the deadly virus: Legit TV

Source: Legit Nigeria

Online view pixel