Coronavirus: Nigeria records new confirmed case in Oyo

Coronavirus: Nigeria records new confirmed case in Oyo

- There has been an outbreak of coronavirus in Oyo state

- The news was confirmed by Governor Seyi Makinde on Sunday, March 22

- Makinde said that the result of the individual which tested positive was released on Saturday, March 21

As Nigeria alongside the world battles with the devastating spread of coronavirus, Oyo state government has reported its first confirmed case.

Speaking in the early hours of Sunday, March 22, Governor Seyi Makinde said that the result of the individual whose identity he did not disclose tested positive.

Makinde stated: “The COVID-19 confirmation test for the suspected case at Bodija has come back POSITIVE. The result was released at 17:35 PM of March 21, 2020.”

The governor also revealed that another person who recently arrived from the United States (US) has been placed under isolation.

To tackle the spread of the disease in the state, Makinde said that the government has released funds for the activation of the emergency operation centre at the ministry of health, the establishment of a diagnostic centre for the screening of coronavirus and other related infectious diseases to be stationed at the UCH, Ibadan.

Shut down the country - Nigerians react as FG confirms 10 new coronavirus cases

This new development in Oyo brings the number of reported cases in Nigeria to 25.

Earlier, Legit.ng reported that coronavirus scare in the country hit a frightening phase on Wednesday, March 18, as fives more cases of the global epidemic were reported, barely twenty-four hours after the Ministry of Health announced the third case.

The new developments were confirmed by the special adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on new media, Tolu Ogunlesi. In a series of tweet, Ogunlesi said four of the victims are Nigerians who just came from the United States of America and United Kingdom.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

The presidential aide also claimed that one of the four new Nigerian victims is a 6-week old baby — the youngest victim reported so far.

He added that the fifth victim was a "foreign national who came in through the land border — the first case of infection via land border in Nigeria."

Coronavirus: Kaduna state university shuts down indefinitely

Legit.ng also noted that coronavirus test had been carried out in 10 states since February 27 when the first case was reported.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!

Coronavirus: Are Nigerians really afraid of COVID-19? New survey reveals more | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel