Just in: Suspected coronavirus case in Katsina tests negative

Just in: Suspected coronavirus case in Katsina tests negative

- The test result of a suspected coronavirus case in Katsina state has come out negative

- The Katsina government confirmed this on Thursday, March 19, by the state Ministry of Health

- The suspected case which has turned negative is a male who returned from Malaysia

The Katsina state Ministry of Health has said the suspected case of coronavirus in the state has turned out negative, Daily Trust reports.

This is coming after the state government announced it's first suspected case. Engr Yakubu Danja, the state commissioner for health, speaking to journalists on Thursday, March 19, advised residents of Katsina state to be calm.

Danja added that there was no other confirmed case of the virus in Katsina at the moment. He urged the people to get constant updates about the disease and avoid spreading unverified information most especially through social media.

The commissioner reiterated the state government's commitment to do everything possible to safeguard the people's health.

Coronavirus: APC takes deadly virus serious, set to meet health minister as more cases recorded (video)
Just in: Suspected coronavirus case in Katsina tests negative

The Katsina state ministry of health has said the suspected case of coronavirus turned out negative
Source: UGC

Legit.ng previously reported that the health ministry in Katsina state said it recorded its first suspected case of Covid-19. The ministry's permanent secretary, Dr Kabir Mustapha, confirmed the development.

The suspected patient returned from Malaysia and developed symptoms that warranted further investigations. He was in self-isolation and reportedly came back to the country on Monday, March 9, and visited his family in Safana local government area.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

In a related development, Ekiti state recorded its first case of coronavirus with the victim testing positive after driving an American citizen from Ibadan, the Oyo state capital. This was disclosed by the commissioner for health and human services, Dr Mojisola Yaya-Kolade, on Wednesday night, March 18.

Yaya-Kolade said the American has been confirmed dead by the Ekiti State Taskforce on COVID-19 led by Governor Kayode Fayemi. In another report, Governor Akeredolu on Wednesday, March 4, signed the Ondo State Security Network and Amotekun Corps Bill into law.

Just in: Enugu govt announces test result of suspected coronavirus case, sends message to residents

Similarly, there is no new confirmed case of coronavirus in Nigeria as the Enugu state government has announced that the test result of the suspected case in the state is negative.

Channels TV reports that the state government said the test was carried out at the Irua Specialist Hospital. The state's Ministry of Health confirmed that the result was also corroborated by the Nigerian Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better

Coronavirus: Nigerians take advantage of every situation | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel