2020 UTME: JAMB releases another batch of results of 450,000 candidates

2020 UTME: JAMB releases another batch of results of 450,000 candidates

- The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has released another batch of results from the ongoing UTME

- The examination board also released a new method of checking the results

- Recall that JAMB had earlier dismissed rumours that results of the UTME held on Saturday, March 14 and on Monday, March 16, had been cancelled

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has released another batch of results of about 450, 312 candidates that sat for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) on Tuesday, March 17.

JAMB’s head of media and information, Fabian Benjamin, disclosed this on Wednesday, March 18, in a statement.

Benjamin urged candidates who sat for the examination on March 17 to check their results by sending ‘RESULT’ to 55019 and not on the board’s website.

2020 UTME: JAMB releases another batch of results of 450,000 candidates

Professor Ishaq Oloyede is the registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board
Source: Twitter

The board added that the results will be released as examinations are taken by the candidates.

Earlier, Legit.ng reported that JAMB had dismissed rumours in some quarters that results of its 2020 UTME held on Saturday, March 14 and on Monday, March 16, had been cancelled.

2020 UTME: JAMB denies cancelling any result

JAMB in a tweet via its official Twitter handle, @JAMBHQ, on March 18, advised candidates to disregard rumours making the rounds that the results have been cancelled.

Benjamin said such rumours were the handiwork of fraudsters and should be disregarded, describing the rumour as wicked, malicious and misleading.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

JAMB had earlier released the first set of 2020 UTME results of 312,000 candidates that sat for the examination on Saturday, March 14.

The board urged all candidates to check their profiles for the results.

According to Benjamin, JAMB's spokesperson, the exam board expressed optimism that the exercise will be hitch-free, as it has worked assiduously to ensure that this year’s examination process will be one of the best ever conducted in recent times.

In another report, amid the ongoing warning strike embarked upon by ASUU, the union on Tuesday, March 17, said it has reached a concrete agreement with the federal government.

2020 UTME: JAMB announces first-day results

This was disclosed by ASUU president Biodun Ogunyemi after a closed-door reconciliatory meeting at the Ministry of Labour and Employment in Abuja.

Ogunyemi spoke to reporters after the meeting ended at about 11pm on Tuesday.

The ASUU president speaking on the outcome of the meeting said they had some fruitful discussions.

He went on to note that the last time discussions were held there was an improvement.

He added that now they have concrete proposals to take back to ASUU members and will get back to the government.

“We want to assure all Nigerians that we are concern on going back to our work like every other person, because we know that is where we find happiness, we are not happy outside our classrooms, our laboratories and our libraries.

"So, in view of this we will do our best to ensure that all concerns have the maximum benefits from this action because it is of national interest. If academics do not defend the universities who will defend the academics," he said.

Oshiomhole's suspension: Court restrains APC’s NEC from holding scheduled meeting

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!

Struggle for NIN nearly ends with stampede in Lagos | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit Newspaper

Online view pixel