- Musician and Nollywood actor Banky W has shared an important message with some set of Nigerians
- The singer and actor took to his social media page to talk to Nigerians arriving from high-risk countries
- Banky W told them to obey authorities’ instructions and self-isolate themselves for 14 days
Since the outbreak of the pandemic coronavirus, Nigerians have been warned by authorities to maintain preventive measures against the disease. Citizens have been told to keep proper hygiene and distance themselves from social gatherings.
Nigerians also take to their various social media platforms to spread the news while also asking for help on how to tell their elderly parents who may not really have a good understanding of what is happening.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reported that Nigeria confirmed the third Covid-19 case in Lagos. The patient is said to be a 30-year-old Nigerian woman who returned from the United Kingdom to the state on Friday, March 13.
In the wake of that, Nigerian singer and actor Bankole Wellington popularly known as Banky W has taken to the popular micro-blogging platform, Twitter, to share an important message with fans and followers.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the best news on Nigeria's #1 news app
The renowned media personality directed his message to Nigerians arriving from affected countries. He advised them to obey the instructions of authorities. The musician begged them to self-isolate for 14 days.
The actor noted that it is not a matter of whether they feel ill or not. He said that it is possible to have the virus and not feel any symptoms.
He urged his fans and followers to warn anyone they know who is in the category of people he is talking about.
The movie star also encouraged his fans and followers to follow the right account for original news on the coronavirus pandemic as it relates to the country.
PAY ATTENTION: Do you have news to share? Contact Legit.ng instantly
In other news, Legit.ng earlier reported that FG restricted entry of travellers from China, Italy, 11 others to Nigeria. Osagie Ehanire, the minister of health said that all the confirmed cases of COVID-19 so far in Nigeria were imported, adding that Nigeria's points of entry are currently at the highest risk.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better
Coronavirus: NOA DG reveals steps taken to prevent deadly epidemic - on Legit TV