2020 UTME: JAMB denies cancelling any result

2020 UTME: JAMB denies cancelling any result

- JAMB has reacted over a report that said it cancelled 2020 UTME

- The board had on Saturday and Monday, March 14 and 16 respectively, held its 2020 UTME

- Candidates were therefore advised to disregard the rumour

The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has dismissed rumours in some quarters that results of its 2020 UTME held on Saturday, March 14 and on Monday, March 16, had been cancelled.

Legit.ng reports that JAMB in its tweet @JAMBHQ on March 18, advised candidates to disregard rumours making the rounds that the results have been cancelled.

Fabian Benjamin who is JAMB's head of media and information also made the clarification in an interview with the newsmen on Wednesday, March 18, in Lagos, according to Vanguard.

He said such rumours were the handiwork of fraudsters and should be disregarded, describing the rumour as wicked, malicious and misleading.

Oshiomhole back in control as APC calls fresh meeting after Buhari’s intervention

"JAMB wishes to reassure all candidates who have written this year’s Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) so far that it has not cancelled any of its examination or results.

"All results that have been released so far are intact and therefore there is no need for any panic whatsoever. Results of the 469,000 candidates who wrote on Monday have been released and candidates are to check their results by typing ‘RESULT’ and sending to 55019 with their unique telephone numbers for their scores."

2020 UTME: JAMB denies cancelling any result

Candidates undergoing their UTME
Source: Depositphotos

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that JAMB released a list of suspended Computer Based Test centres ahead of the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).

It was reported that an official of the examination body said that thousands of candidates who are registered in 38 centres across the country might miss writing their UTME.

Oshiomhole's suspension: Court restrains APC’s NEC from holding scheduled meeting

The official said the centres were suspended from conducting the UTME because the operators defaulted by disobeying the rules governing the registration of candidates as provided by the examination board.

In another report, the West African Examination Council (WAEC) announced the extension of the closing date for its West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) registration.

This was contained in a tweet via its official Twitter handle, @waecnigeria, in the morning of Tuesday, February 25.

Going by the extension notice released, the registration has been extended from Friday, February 21, to Monday, March 2, without the payment of any late entry fee.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!

Struggle for NIN nearly ends with stampede in Lagos | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel