- Osagie Ehanire, Nigeria’s minister of health has disclosed that the federal government is to take a decision on whether to place a ban on mass gatherings in the country
- Ehanire said the presidential taskforce on coronavirus will meet on Tuesday, March 17, to deliberate if the ban on mass gatherings is necessary
- The minister the government is making intensive efforts to trace all persons who possibly had contact with the victim of the third coronavirus case
The federal government is to take a decision on whether to place a ban on mass gatherings in the country, Osagie Ehanire, Nigeria’s minister of health has disclosed.
Ehanire said the presidential task force on coronavirus will meet on Tuesday, March 17, to deliberate if the ban on mass gatherings is necessary, Business Day reports.
The minister also stated that the task force will also decide if the government should place travel restrictions from high-risk countries or not will be taken.
Ehanire further disclosed that following the detection of the third coronavirus case in Nigeria, the government is making intensive efforts to trace all persons who possibly had contact with the victim.
Ehanire said this while briefing newsmen in Abuja on the latest development. He explained that the latest case is a Nigerian national in her 30’s who returned from a short visit to the United Kingdom on March 13th.
Legit had earlier reports that Nigeria has confirmed its third case of coronavirus in Lagos as the deadly infection spreads more across African countries.
The new Covid-19 case was disclosed by the commissioner of health in Lagos state, Professor Akin Abayomi via his official Twitter handle, @ProfAkinAbayomi, on Tuesday, March 17.
According to the health commissioner, the patient is a 30-year-old Nigerian woman who returned from the United Kingdom to Lagos on Friday, March 13.
She reportedly observed self-isolation upon her return, developed symptoms and has been tested positive.
Abayomi said the patient is now in isolation and receiving care at Mainland Infectious Disease Hospital, Yaba.
The commissioner noted that tracing of all passengers and all those who may have come in contact with the latest case has commenced.
Legit.ng notes that the latest Covid-19 case is not connected with the index case, an Italian, and the second case, a Nigerian who had contact with the Italian.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better.
Coronavirus: NOA DG reveals steps taken to prevent deadly epidemic | Legit TV